Chapter Four

Angelina and Conrad stood outside the door of the Fisher's beach house. It was time for the dinner Susannah had invited her to and she was beyond nervous. Everyone knew about her parents now and think that is the reason she's being distance but they are not even close to knowing the truth for her actions. Conrad knows her secret now and she knows his and for some reason, Angelina felt like that's how it should be.

"You ready to go in?" Conrad asked looking down at Angelina.

She sighed, looking up at him. Eyes meeting. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Conrad slid his hand within hers intertwining their fingers, "come on, we'll do this together, like always."

Jeremiah was eyeing the door way to the dinning room waiting to see when Conrad would walk in. His leg was bouncing up and down underneath the dinning table impatiently. He went for a swim with Belly after their conversation with everyone and Conrad hasn't been back since he said he was visiting Angelina. Jeremiah observed the seating arrangements his mom told him and was a bit confused. Why was there an extra plate in between him and Conrad at the end of the table. Belly was sitting across from him. Steven took the seat to his left. Laurel was sitting across from Steven and his mom was going to sit at the head of the table while Conrad sat across from her. But why was there an extra plate beside him.

That's when he saw them walk in, hand and hand. Jeremiah's jaw clinched and his hand gripped the edge of his seat, veins visibly showing. He saw they quickly released touch as Susannah saw them yelling with excitement, "Angelina! It's so good to see you, my, how have you grown!" No one else had seen them holding hands beside Jeremiah because they were all engaging in conversation with each other when the two walked in.

"What do you mean, she's still short," Conrad joked earning an elbow to his side by Angelina scolding him.

His mom was right. Angelina had grown. His breath hitched taking her in. Chestnut brown hair was now shiny jet black shoulder length. She was wearing a tiny thin strapped multicolored dress that ran up to her mid thigh exposed her tan legs. Her thighs have gotten thicker and the way her body curved, Jeremiah bit his lower lip. Her skin glowed looking so smooth. She definitely had grown.

"A!" He heard Steven call out getting up from his seat to go embrace her. "S," she said.

Jeremiah finally recomposed himself and grew a wide grin on his face getting up and heading towards Angelina. He spoke up loudly to get her to look at him in a room filled of people swarming around her, "well if it isn't my Angel flower."

Angelina looked over meeting his ocean blue eyes giving him the softest smile as he embraced her wrapping his arms around her. She relaxed into his touch hugging him back.

Jeremiah's chin laid against her exposed shoulder and inhaled taking in her scent. She smelled like the scent before it rained and a hint of vanilla. He can never get enough of it. Jeremiah leaned back keeping his arms wrapped around her looking into her eyes. They looked sad. The hint of mischievous glint in her brown eyes was gone. Ignoring it for now, he smiled at her and let out in almost a whisper, "I miss you."

Angelina winked at him and for a second Jeremiah thought he saw that mischievous glint in her eyes return.

He released her from his embrace wrapping his arm around hers leading her to the seat between him and Conrad. Laurel and Susannah smiled looking at each other giving a knowing look and headed towards their seats.

Jeremiah and Steven began watching something on Steven's phone as Conrad and Angelina sat there silently picking at their food on the plate. She's had hundreds of lunches and dinners at the Fisher's with them and the Conklin's but everything felt different now. She was different now.