Chapter Thirty-Seven

Hand in hand, Angelina and Conrad position themselves at the front as the lights dimmed slightly. Conrad looked down at Angelina noticing the worry creases in her eyes. He gave her hand a small squeeze. "I know this isn't your quince, but look over at your dad. He's so happy to see you up here, Lina. Imagine if you walked away, how worried he'll be about you."

Angelina leaned forward to catch a glimpse of her dad. Ramiro was staring right at her with a grin so wide it made her heart ache. She sighed. Angelina had forgotten why she was doing this dance in the first place. She was doing this for her dad. Her dad was the person that mattered most to her. Angelina looked up at Conrad returning the small squeeze on his hand. "Thank you, Con."

Conrad felt his chest tighten as he kept his eyes on Angelina. A small appreciative small appearing on her face and he knew then, he was he trouble. "I know I've been a shitty best friend recently, Lina. But, I'm going to be here for you, even when you don't want me too," Conrad let out a small sigh. "So please, let me be here for you."

Susannah's eyes started to tear as she looked at Conrad and Angelina. "They look so good together, don't they?" Susannah whispered towards Laurel as she nodded in agreement. She hears some coughing and turned to look at Ramiro Flores, both grinning watching their kids dance.

Jeremiah slowly closed the door behind him as he stepped back into the hall. Wiping his eyes and fixing his dress shirt, he walked over towards his mom. He didn't want her seeing that he had been crying. The lights were dim and the final dance had begun. As he stared onto the dance floor, his heart nearly dropped and his throat tighten. Jeremiah saw Conrad and Angelina performing the dance together. The dance that was supposed to be between him and Angelina.

Susannah felt a hand lightly brush her shoulder as she looked up seeing Jeremiah. She quickly grabbed his hand, sympathizing. Susannah knew how much Jeremiah cared for Angelina. "Jeremiah honey, where were you? Angelina was looking for you."

"Well she didn't look hard enough," he said lowly. Jeremiah scoffed not removing his eyes from his girl and his brother on the dance floor. "I ate something- I think the shrimp was bad," he said giving his mom a small smile.

Susannah leaned into their joint hands placed on her shoulder. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. The caterer is going to be hearing from me. I'll get you some ginger ale."

Jeremiah stood there watching Conrad and Angelina. Both of them keeping eye contact with each other as if no one else in the room existed. "That should have been me," Jeremiah whispered to himself. He felt his fingers tighten up into a fist. Jeremiah jaw clinched as he saw Angelina laugh at something Conrad whispered to her during the dance. "Did she even care that I was gone?" Jeremiah sighed. He felt his hand relax and felt a small ache in his chest. For some odd reason after seeing the two of them together, Jeremiah felt as if that's the way it always should have been: Conrad and Angelina together.

The sudden sound of clapping brought back Jeremiah from his thoughts. He cleared his throat seeing that the dance had finished and he wasn't the one standing beside Angelina enjoying this moment.

Conrad grinned grabbing Angelina's hands in his, "you deserved this moment, Lina. Your dad deserved this moment. To watch you dance and I'm glad it was me that you shared it with."

Angelina turns to look at her dad with a wide grin. Her dad on the brink of tears. Conrad was right. This moment was for her dad and she's glad she didn't miss it. As she watched him, her dad began coughing uncontrollably getting up from his seat and heading towards the exit as Julian Tello followed after her dad. Confusion rose through Angelina as she turned to look at Cristian who was already eyeing her with a raised eyebrow from a few spots down.