Chapter Twelve

Angelina's head was slightly out of the cars window feeling the wind hit her face. She was laughing uncontrollably as she felt a tap on her shoulder, Angelina pulled herself back into the car now feeling a cheek pressed against her shoulder. She turned and saw Conrad leaning forward into the center console from the back seat. His head laying on her shoulder as he giggled causing Angelina to laugh again.

They were high.

Cristian shook his head laughing at the two as he drove towards the party. Angelina ended up calling Cristian asking if he could drive her and Conrad to the party since they were both going to smoke and didn't want to drive.

"Wait, if we're both high, who is going to drive?" Angelina said before she took a hit.

"Fuck. You're right and everyone else already left," Conrad said pondering. It was a bit of a walk and he wasn't so sure even walking while being high would be a good idea.

Angelina eyes widen, "oh! Let me call Cristian up and see if he's left yet."

Conrad scrunched up his nose. He didn't know what to think about Cristian yet. He did feel a little jealously when it came to him because Cristian seemed to have a close friendship with Angelina. "I don't know, Lina."

She shrugged her shoulders, "it's either we smoke and get a ride from Cristian or we don't smoke and drive ourselves."

"You're like a really handsome looking dude," Conrad slightly slurred looking up at Cristian.

Angelina bursted into laughter as Cristian just smiled. "Why, thank you man. I appreciate that," Cristian said. He was used to his football buddies joking the same way.

"I like this dude, Lina," Conrad added.

Angelina laughed again. She couldn't control it. Another thing she couldn't control was her excitement with some nervousness. Angelina didn't know if it was because she was high or what but she was excited and nervous to see Jeremiah.

~~~

Jeremiah was drunk. As soon as he arrived at the party, he went around looking for Angelina. When he couldn't find her anywhere, Jeremiah ran into Nicole and asked her where Angelina was. Nicole told him Angelina hadn't arrived yet, that she was still with Conrad via a text she received from him.

And from that point, Jeremiah started pounding beers. His own brother lied to him when Angelina was right there with him. Hell, to Jeremiah, he didn't know if Angelina was in on the lie too. Both of them making a fool out of him.

He was sitting on the couch besides a boy taking a sip from his beer. He was sulking, not really pay attention to anyone around him. Then he saw them walk in. Conrad, Angelina and Cristian. Not only were Conrad and Angelina together but they were with that guy too. Yet, they couldn't include him. Frustration started building inside of Jeremiah again. The same annoyance and anger he got every time it came to her being with someone else.

Jeremiah watched as they walking into the room beside the one he was at. The open floor plan of the house made it very easy for Jeremiah to keep his eye on her. He noticed how giggly Conrad and Angelina were. They were high. Jeremiah's jaw clinched as he watched the two of them take a shot. He watched how Cristian just grabbed a bottle of water as he started a conversation up with Cameron. Jeremiah saw Angelina lightly brush her hand against Conrad's arm as she whispered something in his ear.

Jeremiah pressed his lips together, "so that's how you want to play, then game on."

The boy beside Jeremiah turned to look at him, "sorry did you say something?"