Chapter Eleven

Angelina ran her hands down her body smoothing her brown dress from any creases. It was a tad bit short with a small slit on left side exposing a part of upper thigh. She knew Susannah would love the dress but Laurel might have some words for her. Either way, she accepted both their styles of parenting. She was more appreciative of it now without a mother figure in her life. Angelina figured she would head straight to the party with the group after the dinner so she wanted to be dressed already.

She was feeling slightly nervous. Things between her and Jeremiah felt different. As if their relationship had matured. It was no longer the young boy chasing after her for fun. No, now it felt like he was chasing after her for more.

His stares, his touch, the kiss, all of it was heading in a direction Angelina didn't know if she wanted to head down. Mainly because of one person, Conrad. The Flores girl felt like she was at a crossroad, one side leading to Conrad, her best friend, and the other side leading to Jeremiah, a temptation. She knew Conrad would never accept her and Jeremiah if a relationship were to develop. His drunk words the other night already made that clear for her. Angelina already felt guilty for not telling him her and Jeremiah kissed. But what if she did want to persuade something with Jeremiah, would she let Conrad get in the way of that?

~~~

Jeremiah was counting the plates on the table as he yelled out, "mom, seating arrangements?"

Susannah placed a tray of food in the center, "let's see. We have me and Laurel at the head of the table. To my right, we have Taylor, Belly and Cameron. To my left, Conrad, you and Steven."

"No, no mom. We're missing a place for Angel," Jeremiah said.

"Oh, I didn't know she was coming by!" Susannah thought quickly for a second, "we can squeeze her over on the right side with Belly."

Conrad walked in saying, "no. Just sit her beside me. In between you and me, mom."

Jeremiah rolled his eyes. Of course he's having Angelina sit beside himself and their mom, away from him. "Yes, that works! Please don't tell her I forgot about her," Susannah plead.

Everyone had sat in their assigned seats conversing with each other. Jeremiah anxiously looking over to his right past Conrad, Angelina's seat still empty. Worry in his eyes as he looked underneath the table, pulling out his cellphone. That was when he heard heels clicking against the wood flooring and shot his head back up. Angelina stood in door way of the dinning room looking a little out of breath.

Jeremiah gulped. She looked amazing. Wearing a tiny brown dress that read the curves on her body perfectly. Without thinking, Jeremiah stood from his chair as Angelina made her way over towards her seat. Everyone glanced between a standing Jeremiah and a walking Angelina. She gave Jeremiah a small smile.

Conrad looked up at his brother raising an eyebrow wondering why he stood up. Angelina took the seat besides Conrad and Jeremiah sat back down clearing his throat. Taylor smirked as Steven let out a small laugh.

"I'm so sorry I am late. My dad, he wasn't feeling too good so I wanted to make sure he was fine before leaving him," Angelina said.

Jeremiah noticed Conrad stiffen at what Angelina said and was curious as to why he reacted that way.

"Oh no, will Ramiro be okay alone?" Laurel asked.

Angelina nodded, "he's not alone. Mr. Tello showed up and now he's with my dad. It's the only reason I ended up coming over."

"Ah, the Tellos. I had the pleasure of meeting them earlier today. The son, Cristian I believe was his name, very smart handsome young man. Maybe you should think about asking him to escort you, Angelina," Susannah said giving a playful smile.