Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Who has you smiling like that?" Cristian questioned Angelina as he stood there being fitted for his suit looking down at her.

Angelina was sitting on the chair across from him with one leg crossed over the other smiling at her cell phone. "No one," she smirked as she received another text from Jeremiah. He had been texting her nonstop since yesterday after their little make out session by the rocks, they even FaceTime for a bit while Cristian was in the changing room.

Cristian raised an eyebrow laughing as he spread out his arms. "Right."

She leaned forward setting her phone down on the arm rest. Angelina watched as the lady measured out Cristian's body to make sure the suit was tailored to fit him just right. He's built on more muscle since last year so he didn't have any suits that fit him anymore and he also didn't think to bring any to Cousins Beach not knowing he'll need one. "I can't believe my little Cristian is growing up and going to be a debutante escort," Angelina wiped a fake tear from her eye teasing him.

"Ha ha, I love your sarcastic voice by the way," Cristian rolled his eyes. "Not."

Angelina grinned widely at him. He looked good in the black suit they were fitting him for. A small uncomfortable feeling hit her stomach, this might be the only time she sees him in a suit if she decides to forgo her senior year of high school. Her and Cristian always did everything together and the thought of not getting through senior year with him made her a bit sad. "Have you gotten your dress yet?" She heard Cristian ask.

Angelina nodded, "I'm getting fitted for it next week I believe. I forgot when I made my appointment." Angelina loved her dress. It wasn't as extravagant as her quinceanera dress but it definitely wasn't simple.

"You think Belly has told Laurel and Susannah I'm taking her?" Cristian asked.

Angelina looked up at him seeing the concern expression on his face. "Honestly, I don't know. I for sure thought she was going to ask Con to take her."

Cristian nodded adjusting the cuffs on his long sleeves. He felt Angelina's arm brush against his as she was now standing beside him. The two looking into the full size mirror in front of them. "Belly asked me to escort her two nights ago when I picked her up and Taylor went with you and Conrad. I'm sure it was out of impulse because she was upset with him. But in all honesty, I thought Conrad would ask you to let him escort you to the ball."

"Why would you think that?" Angelina turned to look up at him with a questioning look.

"Uh maybe cause of the way Conrad looks at you," Cristian shook his head slightly laughing. "Kind of the same way the younger one looks at you but not as intense."

Angelina scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion. She didn't understand what Cristian meant by that. Her and Conrad are just best friends. She didn't think Conrad would be interesting in escorting again, Angelina remembers him texting her last year how lame it was having to escort. Cristian, noticing her confusion, decided to change the subject not wanting to confuse Angelina anymore. He lightly bumps his shoulder against hers, "I can't wait to see you in your dress. Never got to see you in your quince one."

Angelina grinned and lightly brushed her hand against his arm, "a small part of me is super excited. By the way, you look very handsome in this suit. Belly's going to be starstruck."

Cristian let's out a loud laugh, "I'm not famous, Flores girl."

"No. But you are a future division one college athlete so that counts, Tello boy," Angelina smiled up at him.

~~~

Jeremiah sat at the table by the club's pool pouting slightly. He got off work an hour earlier then expected and was hoping Angelina would come join him and hangout together. After making out yesterday by the rocks on the beach, he wanted more of her but Angelina said she had to go back home to take care of something without saying much more on the matter.

Jeremiah texted Angelina almost an hour ago to invite her to the pool and got scared at first because Angelina had just sent him a text saying she was with Cristian getting his suit tailored for the debutante ball. Jeremiah assumed right away Angelina asked Cristian to go with her. But Angelina quickly clarified that Cristian is going with Belly. Jeremiah was still wanting to ask her if he can escort her and he knew he had to do it soon before Conrad swept in like he did at the volleyball tournament.

Jeremiah turned seeing Gigi and Dara sitting together a few tables away from him staring in his direction. He groaned slightly not wanting them to come over since Angelina should be arriving any time soon, hopefully.

"Hey, pretty boy," he heard, abruptly turning his head to the seat across the table from him. Angelina pulled out the chair sitting down.

Jeremiah grinned wide, "hey pretty girl. You're finally here."

"Did you miss me already? I just FaceTimed you an hour ago," Angelina laughed as she laid her elbows on the table so she rest her chin against the palms of hands. 

Jeremiah felt his whole body relax just by looking at her. She was here now, with him. He found it crazy how many different emotions the girl sitting across from him can cause him to feel. Calmness, happiness, frustration, he felt it all with her. It was like a sweet addiction he didn't know he had until he got his first taste of her. Jeremiah knew he was in too deep now and there was no going back.

"Cristian's suit looked really good on him," he heard Angelina say bringing him back from his thoughts. "Him and Belly are going to look so cute at the ball together."

Jeremiah inhaled a small breath. This was it. Angelina brought up the debutant ball on her own. It was the perfect time to ask her. Jeremiah cleared his throat leaning forward, "yeah. Random duo, don't you think? But speaking about the ball," he began.

Angelina was listening in to what Jeremiah was saying when she felt as if someone was staring at her. She turned her head slightly to the left and noticed Gigi staring at the two of them. Her nose was swollen with some deep purplish bruising surrounding it. Angelina gave a low snicker. The girl deserved more then that for what they did to Belly and Taylor but Angelina knew she was already on a thin line with her dad. She noticed the way Gigi was still staring at Jeremiah while whispering something to Dara. The Flores girl scrunched up her nose in disgust that Gigi kept staring at her Jeremiah.

Jeremiah was sitting across from her still saying something about the debutant ball coming up. Angelina turned back to look at him slowly running her tongue across her top lip keeping eye contact with him. Jeremiah caught her movement and gulped, getting turned on.

Angelina got up from her seat walking around the table towards Jeremiah. Jeremiah never removing his eyes from her.

She sat on his lap and placed her arm around his shoulder feeling Jeremiah's arm quickly wrap around her gripping her waist. Angelina's acrylic nails gave small scratches at back of his neck. Jeremiah felt shivers run down his spin from the pleasure he was getting. He let out a low deep groan wanting more of her touch.

After hearing that attractive groan come from Jeremiah, Angelina shamelessly didn't care who was watching the two of them now. Angelina leans in softly biting the end of his ear whispering, "what were you asking me?" Her lips moving down lingering against his jaw.

Jeremiah felt a small rumble through his chest as more pleasure arose. He stuttered slightly, "um, I was say- I was wondering if you wanted me to be your escort for the ball?" He finally let out taking a deep breath trying to regain composure from having Angelina sitting on his lap and touching him.

Angelina suddenly leaned back to look at him. She was stunned. She hadn't expected Jeremiah to ask her that. Belly had told her a couple weeks ago that Jeremiah swore off any debutante ball events last year.

"What do you say, Angel flower? Let me be the one by your side that night?" Jeremiah said giving her waist a little squeeze.

Angelina smiled leaning in, lips hovering over his as she said softly, "I wouldn't want anyone else standing beside me."

End of chapter notes:

Hello loves! Sorry for not updating in awhile, I've been super busy this last week and half and quite frankly, really exhausted. Also I've been working on the next chapter of my Kai Parker (vampire diaries) fanfic, which I also haven't updated that one in a long while. But hopefully, I can get these next few chapter out sooner!

Hope you enjoyed.