Chapter Nine

Jeremiah had Angelina's arm wrapped tightly around his as they walked up the stairs into the room where the lunch was happening. He couldn't contained it, he was wearing the biggest grin on his face. As they walked in standing near the door way, all eyes landed on them.

The head of the debutante ball, who Angelina recognized because she was a friend of her mothers, walked over towards the two. "Mr. Jeremiah Fisher, where is your shirt?"

"Paige, always a pleasure," he took her hand giving it a kiss.

Angelina chuckled lowly as Paige now turned her attention to the Flores girl. "Miss Angelina Flores, you're late."

"My apologies Paige, I was looking for a fascinator, that I know you love so much. Silly me, I just couldn't find one," Angelina said.

Jeremiah snickered knowing Angelina just lied because she hates fascinators and didn't own one and because of the fact they were just kissing. He felt his cheeks heat up slightly thinking about it again.

"Mmh, we'll you're at table two," Paige said.

Jeremiah grinned looking over at the tables seeing the Brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto he loved. "Well, Paige," he said as he walked closer towards the table. "Take care of Angel for me, that's my future wife," as he reached over grabbing one of the sandwiches and quickly walking back towards Angelina.

"Jeremiah! Those are for the girls!"

He winked at Angelina squeezing her arm lightly, "you got this."

Angelina smiled shaking her head as Jeremiah ran off. As she walked over towards the table, she saw Nicole waving her over. There was an empty seat in between Nicole and Belly. "I'm so glad you're here, Angie! Come, come. I saved you a seat next to me," Nicole said.

Belly stared at Angelina with a questioning look. Belly didn't socialize much with others in town besides the Fishers. The Flores, did however. So Angelina knew quite a few of the kids her age. Just like the Fishers, the Flores were well known in town for coming every summer.

The girls around her were in engaging in conversation as Angelina pour a little bit of her whiskey in her cup. She heard her name being called almost causing the small bottle to fall from her hands thinking it was Paige. Gigi, Angelina believes is her name, called out to her. She never really spoke to her but remembers her as the girl with Jeremiah at the bonfire. "Are you still going to Brown?"

Angelina gave her a smile trying to make it seem like it wasn't fake. "That's the plan," Angelina said keeping it short. Everyone in this town knew she was going to Brown University, so it wasn't a surprise. Her dad has been molding her to go there since she was a baby.

"I'm hoping I could get into brown," Marisa said.

Gigi rolled her eyes, "well being the daughter of a professor there, I'm sure has its advantages."

Angelina stiffen growing annoyed rather quickly. "Excuse me?"

Belly quickly placed her hand softly on Angelina's shoulder trying to calm her down. She can sense the tension and didn't want Angelina getting in trouble.

"Do you have a problem with me?" Angelina said staring at Gigi.

"No of course not-"

"Because I'll have you know, I won't be getting into Brown University because of my dad, but because I'm that damn good," Angelina said the last part slowly to make sure Gigi understood.

"Okay, let's calm down," Nicole said trying to regain control of the table.

"Yeah, no. I'm good," Angelina said standing up having enough for the day. She started to walk out as she heard footsteps behind her. Belly caught up beside Angelina giving her a sympathetic smile. "You didn't have to follow Belly, you should be enjoying this. I've been around this a lot as a child so it bores me."