Chapter Five

Angelina sat in her dark living room curled up in a blanket watching a horror film. Usually on the first night at Cousins beach, Angelina would join Belly and the moms for a movie night but after the dinner she felt slightly overwhelmed and went back home.

Car lights beamed through the window into her living room from the outside. She heard a car pull up into her driveway and shortly after heard rapid knocks on her front door.

Angelina removed the blanket from around her and headed towards the door. She opened the door finding a grinning Jeremiah on her door step.

"Jeremiah, hey?" Angelina said from her door way.

"Angel flower, come on. You're coming with us!" His cheesy smile shining brighter than the moon.

Angelina raised an eyebrow in question peaking more outside seeing Conrad and Steven in the red Jeep. Conrad was leaning against the open window. "Get your ass over here, Lina," Conrad smirked at her.

Jeremiah reached his hand out for her to grab, "it's the summer bonfire and I'm DD."

Angelina stared at his hand hesitating on whether she should go. "It'll be fun, I promise," he said with the most sincerity in his voice.

The Flores girl let out a small laugh and grabbed ahold of his hand as Jeremiah beamed with happiness. They ran towards the Jeep hand and hand and to Jeremiah, this felt like the most natural thing in the world.

"Hey scoot over," Jeremiah told Conrad as he opened the car door for Angelina to get in. Angelina got into the car as Jeremiah went around getting in himself.

"We've missed having you around A," Steven said as Jeremiah began driving.

"Awh, I missed being around S," Angelina joked as Steven rolled his eyes at her.

~~~

As Angelina got out of the car, she reached down to remove her heels and tossed them in the back seat. She didn't want her heels to be ruined in the beach sand. Angelina felt an arm wrap around her shoulder and looked up to see Jeremiah standing beside her grinning down at her. "Have I told you that you look amazing in that dress yet?"

Conrad came over and stood on the other side of Angelina removing Jeremiah's arm from around her, "stop flirting with Lina."

Angelina let out a laugh as Jeremiah rolled his eyes at his brothers remark. "Con, let him. It boosts my ego."

The four walk down towards the beach where the bonfire party was happening. Several people were already there drinking and hanging out. Angelina turned to look up at Jeremiah and let out in a whisper, "you look good in your yellow flower white button up by the way, Jeremiah. Yellow looks good on you."

Jeremiah turned looking away from Angelina feeling his cheeks heat up. He didn't want her seeing him blush.

A pretty girl with long black hair walks up to Steven pulling him away as he turned back towards the three winking.

The three laugh as Jeremiah said, "this feels right. All of us being here together again."

Angelina nodded not saying a word as she pulled the cigarette from behind her ear. Jeremiah winced slightly as he watched Angelina light it up placing it between her lips. "Did you really pick up smoking?"

She let out a puff of smoke, "awh come on Jeremiah. Don't judge me right now."

Conrad snickered taking the cigarette from her fingers and inhaling. "I'm not judging! It's just not like you-"

"Jeremiah!" The three heard. Some girls by the bonfire were waving their hands for Jeremiah to come over.

"Go on pretty boy, duty calls," Angelina said as she took the cigarette back from Conrad walking in the opposite direction towards the alcohol. Conrad looked at his younger brother shrugging his shoulders and running to catch up to Angelina.