Chapter Twenty-Five

Conrad and Steven walked into the house party with Cristian and Angelina trailing behind them. Conrad held a bored expression not really wanting to come to the party but Angelina had seemed down the last two days so he thought maybe this would cheer her up after Steven begged him to come.

"Hey, we're going to go get a drink," he heard Angelina's voice call out bringing him back from his thoughts. Angelina and Cristian walked away from Steven and Conrad heading towards the kitchen. Conrad noticed Steven gawking at every inch of this massive house as they made their way through it. He heard some cheering outside in the back patio and turned to see his little brother on his knees chugging beer. Conrad raised an eyebrow wondering when Jeremiah arrived knowing that Jeremiah told Steven he didn't want to come. The four of them had left to go eat prior to coming to the party so they arrived a little later. He watched as Jeremiah got up and a girl wrapped her arm around Jeremiah's waist as he quickly shrugged away from the girl.

"Yo, who's Jeremiah hooking up with these days?" He knew about the one time Angelina and Jeremiah did, thanks to a drunk Belly, but he was wondering if there had been more times.

"No one, can you believe that. No actually, Shayla has this crazy theory, bro. She thinks Jere and A are hooking up, like hooking up," Steven laughs.

Conrad inhaled slowly, "really?" He knew they kissed but the thought of them having sex- he shook his head not wanting to think of that possibility.

"Yeah, I know man. You would think he would be over that childhood crush by now. Like we all had it when we were younger and got over it, right Conrad?" Steven said shaking his head.

Conrad hesitated in answering. "Conrad, you're over it too, right?" Steven raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yo, boys! Hey, check it out!" They both turned to see Jeremiah calling them over. Conrad slowly gulped and gripped Steven's shoulder lightly turning to leave the opposite direction. "Go, I'm gonna find Lina and Cristian," he said walking away pulling his phone from his pocket.

~~~

Angelina leaned her forearms against the patios rails. Conrad had his back leaning against it standing beside her watching Cristian play beer pong a few feet away. "Does Cristian not drink?"

"Not when he's getting ready for the season. Summer camp is going to start soon for him, so he stops about a month or so before," Angelina answered.

"I decided to go to Brown," Conrad abruptly let out.

Angelina turned to look up at him. "Really? What happened to sunny California?"

"I can't leave. Not right now. Moving across the country, when my mom is sick again. I can't bring myself to do it," Conrad said.

Angelina nodded her head understanding. She turned around now leaning her back against the rails like Conrad, their arms brushing against each other. "What about you? Did you decide to do it, going through with graduating high school early?"

"I have the paperwork sitting on my desk. I got another email from Brown this morning letting me know I only have a couple more days to accept the early admission or they'll withdraw it until next year," Angelina sighed.

"Isn't this what you have been working towards? Why wouldn't you do it?" Conrad paused. "Wait, don't tell me, you afraid to miss senior prom or what?" He added sarcastically.

She heard him give a low scoff. Angelina rolled her eyes. It wasn't just prom, it was everything that went with senior year. She wasn't going to admit it but there was a small thought of her and Jeremiah going together to her senior prom that sort of excited her. "You quit cheerleading also, so there's nothing keeping you there anymore. Think about it, Lina. We can go to Brown together. Start our freshmen year, me and you, we can start new. Isn't this want Professor Flores wanted you to do?"