Chapter Twenty-Four

"Angie!" Angelina heard as she was walking out of the dress shop. She turned around to find Belly and Taylor quickly walking towards her.

She gave the two a small smile, "hey Belly, Taylor."

"Oh my god, were you just shopping for you deb dress?" Taylor exclaimed.

Angelina nodded, "I was."

Belly pouted. "All alone? We could have joined you or Susannah and my mom. You don't have to do this stuff by yourself, Angie."

"Oh don't worry, I know Susannah would have loved to come and help and you girls too but this was something I wanted to do by myself. I needed some time alone anyways," Angelina said. She needed time to just think. Think about her and Jeremiah and how Jeremiah has been ignoring her all day since yesterday after the volleyball tournament.

She knew if she asked Susannah, or even Conrad or Cristian, they would have came to accompany her. But sometimes, Angelina just needs time by herself to think.

"Is everything okay?" Belly asked noticing Angelina's quiet mood. She knows Angelina changed this summer but recently after seeing her with Jeremiah at the carnival, Belly felt like Angelina was returning to her old self.

"Yeah, no everything is good," Angelina rubbed her arm gently feeling a little awkward on what she was about to ask. "Have you guys talked to Jeremiah today? I mean, well obviously you must have, you guys stay at the same house. Sorry, that was a dumb question."

"Is something going on with you two?" Taylor asked.

"Jere, has been moody all morning Angie. Maybe you should try calling him? He's always in a better mood when you talk to him," Belly said.

Angelina simply nodded. She's been trying to talk to Jeremiah since yesterday and he's been ignoring her. There's not much more she can do on her end.

"We're hanging out with Nicole and the other girls tonight, you should come. I think we're getting on a boat," Belly added with excitement.

Angelina pressed her lips and shook her head no. The last thing she wanted was to get on a boat with Gigi. She knew if she was anywhere near that girl, things would not end well. Her mother ended up telling her it was Gigi who sent her mother photos and told her what she had been doing. "Sorry, I'm going to Shayla's party with Con and Cristian tonight. Maybe next time girls."

Plus, Angelina felt like Nicole was giving her weird looks after the volleyball tournament so she definitely didn't want to be near her either. Angelina just wanted a night of fun. She has been sulking about Jeremiah since yesterday, which she normally never does for any boy but Jeremiah wasn't just any boy to her. So she decided that tonight, she just wants to let go and have some fun.

~~~

Jeremiah sat beside his sleeping mother on the couch closing his eyes, remembering one of his favorite memories from two summers ago when he was fourteen.

Jeremiah was nervous. Every time they secretly met up at night after everyone went to sleep, his stomach will knot with excitement and nerves. It was his favorite thing of this summer, him and her, finally just the two of them.

He leaned against the rails of the boardwalk waiting. Jeremiah was always at their meeting place before their set time so Angelina would never wait alone in the dark for him. She was always on time, but tonight she was late. Jeremiah started feeling a little anxious thinking maybe she forgot or was caught.

He kept looking from his phone then towards the right side of the pier. No missed calls or texts from Angelina and then he heard an out of breath call, "Jeremiah!"