Chapter Thirteen

Jeremiah sat at the kitchen counter mixing his hangover smoothie. His head was still pounding from everything he drank the night before. Slowly, parts of last night were coming back to him and from what he was remembering, he didn't like how he behaved towards Angelina. Especially, when it came to not realizing how sad she looked in the bedroom.

He looked up seeing Belly walked in as he grinned at her. "Good morning, Bells."

Belly reached over grabbing the cereal box pouring some in her mouth. Jeremiah let out a small laugh, "I take it you and Tay Tay haven't made up?"

"Nope. We haven't talked since last night," Belly said.

Jeremiah simply nodded as Belly eyed him curiously. "What's going on, Jere?"

He let out a sigh, "I might have been an asshole last night to Angel."

"What did you do?" Belly asked sternly.

"That's not important. What is, is that I think I ruined whatever chance I had with her," Jeremiah said taking a drink of his smoothie.

Belly nodded, taking in what he said. She was rooting for Jeremiah and Angelina. She always saw the way they looked at each other growing up. It wasn't a friendship type look, it was a deep yearning for each other without realizing it. One, of course, was more open about their feelings then the other. The same situation she felt about herself with Conrad.

"Hey, what to get out of here and go for a muffin run?" Belly asked hoping to cheer up Jeremiah.

He let out a small laugh, "I'm always down for a muffin run. Can you grab the keys from Conrad's room?"

"He's not here?"

"No. He spent the night at Nicole's," Jeremiah answered. After Angelina walked out on him from the bedroom, he headed outside and found only Conrad left. Conrad barely said a word to him until Jeremiah asked if he was riding home with him and Steven. That's when Conrad just said he was staying there for the night.

~~~

As Jeremiah drove, he looked over at a frustrated Belly, "you good?"

"I just don't get Conrad this summer. He's been acting weird since I got here."

"Trust me, he's been weird for months. Just forget him." Jeremiah said, thinking how Angelina has been acting the same way his brother has.

"Just like you'll forget Angie, yeah right," Belly laughed.

"We're not talking about me and her," he said changing the subject quickly. "I'm glad you invited Cam Cameron last night. He's cool." Jeremiah felt bad for giving Cameron a hard time at dinner. The Fisher boy's bad mood had nothing to do with Cameron.

"Does Conrad even like Nicole cause if he doesn't, that's just messed up," Belly let out frustrated.

Jeremiah sighed, "last night you were all about Cam Cameron and today you can't stop obsessing over Conrad."

"Why are you so grumpy, huh? Things with Angie went that bad?" Belly wondered. She was so focus on being mad at Taylor she didn't notice two of her friends hurting.

"You could say that," Jeremiah sighed. "I did something I shouldn't have and she saw. Especially after she had just opened up to me that she's doesn't do relationships to not get hurt."

He looked over at Belly smiling, "we kissed the other day. Don't tell anyone."

Belly squealed, "you guys kissed! Oh my god, yes!"

They both sat there laughing as Jeremiah drove. Belly then nodded with concentration, "I guess you're just going to have to make it up to her then."

Jeremiah looked over at Belly raising an eyebrow.