Chapter Seventeen

Angelina sat on the steps near the front door to her family's beach house. She inhaled as the cigarette was pressed in between her lips. It was late at night and she sat there watching whatever remainder of fireworks that were still being lite up in the sky. After her mother left, she never returned back to the Fisher's house. She couldn't. Angelina felt humiliated after the scene her mother caused.

Only the front door porch light was on, keeping her from being in complete darkness. She blow out smoke as she sat there staring at her phone. Angelina had called Conrad almost two hours ago and he didn't answer. Not only that, he hasn't even called her back and he always called back. She was debating on walking over there now that everyone should be asleep but she didn't know how to reach him without someone else knowing or seeing her. Angelina didn't understand why Conrad was ignoring her texts and calls but she came to the realization it probably had to do something with his dad being there. Maybe something happened after she left and he went into one of his sulking moods, which was fine but she was usually there for.

Suddenly, bright headlights and the sound of a car engine slowly pulled into her drive way. Blinding lights shine bright on her, stopping in front of her sitting on the steps near her front door. Finally adjusting to the bright light, Angelina saw the Fisher's red Jeep. Quickly jumping up and running towards the passenger door thinking it was Conrad in the vehicle, assuming maybe he finally came to see her, but as the passenger window rolled down, Angelina saw who was sitting in the driver seat and rolled her eyes.

"Calm down the excitement there, Angel. I know you're so happy to see me," he winked.

"Jeremiah, what are you doing out so late?" She crossed her arms against her chest. Angelina was not expecting to see Jeremiah after she told him out of spite the same thing he had told her earlier. She wasn't necessarily mad at him, she knew it was in the heat of the moment that he said it's family matters to her because of whatever is going on between him and Conrad. But, she still didn't appreciate it either.

Jeremiah's eyes lingered down towards her chest. Angelina was still only in her olive green bikini top and high waisted blue jean shorts. Seeing her arms crossed below her breast causing them to rise up a little, stirred some arousal in Jeremiah making him bite his lower lip.

Every part of him, wanted every part of her.

"I'm here to see you," he let out.

"Well I don't want to see you, so go away," Angelina huffed.

"Get in the car, Angelina," Jeremiah rasped.

Angelina felt her heart rate accelerate slightly as excitement stirred inside of her. It wasn't the same spiteful tone he used on her earlier when he said her first name no, it was demanding yet with a hint of pleading tone and it was intriguing her. She reached over opening the door and quickly got into the passenger seat. "Wipe that smirk off your face, Jeremiah."

Jeremiah slightly bit his lower lip to stop the grin on his face from forming.

As Jeremiah began driving his fingers anxiously tapped on the steering wheel. He was nervous. Nervous to find out what happened between Angelina and her mother. Seeing her sit here beside him, he thought must already be a good sign of her not leaving him. He felt like he's barely had any time with her this summer and Jeremiah didn't want it to come to an end.

"It's okay. I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere," Angelina said in a whisper looking out the window as he drove. It was almost as if she could sense him being nervous, she always knew.

Jeremiah let out a sigh, not realizing he had been holding his breath. Keeping his left hand on the steering wheel, he reached over with his right hand gripping her thigh. He gave a small squeeze, feeling relief wash over him knowing Angelina was staying.