Chapter Ten

Angelina quietly step out through the back door of the Fishers beach house, shutting the door behind her. It was late. Belly had called her over upset that the boys crashed her first date and Conrad was being impossible. Angelina had just gotten back home from dinner with her dad and the Tellos. She changed quickly into a pair of white shorts and a black Nike sports bra and headed over to comfort her.

Belly had fallen asleep so Angelina took that as her cue to leave. The Flores female went to confront Conrad after but he wasn't in his room. She quietly tipped toed down the steps along side the pool when she heard a laugh. Angelina's eyes widen looking towards the pool seeing a grinning Jeremiah Fisher leaning against the edge inside the pool.

Angelina placed her hand over chest near her heart feeling the rate pick up. She was not expecting to run into anyone this late while sneaking out of the Fisher house.

"You scared the hell out of me, Jeremiah." Angelina said lowly making sure no one heard.

Jeremiah smirked patting the cement he was leaning against. "Get your pretty ass over here." Thoughts ran through his mind wondering why Angelina was over so late sneaking out not wanting to be seen. She was just in a sports bra and shorts. Was she with Conrad, and if yes what were they up too.

Angelina rolled her eyes smiling as she went and took a seat on the edge, feet dangling in the water beside Jeremiah. "Enjoying your night swim?"

"I'm enjoying it a lot more now that you're here," he winked at her.

She quickly reached her hand in the water splashing him. "Jeremiah Fisher! You definitely have grown since the last time I saw you, you little flirt."

"Good, cause I don't want you seeing me as a kid anymore," he said with no hint of joking in his tone.

Angelina swallowed slowly, new feelings stirring inside of her from hearing how serious Jeremiah was being. She kind of liked the serious demanding tone he was giving. He was never serious, he was always happy and joking around. But it was true, she always viewed Jeremiah as a kid up until recently. Conrad's younger brother who always chased after her. Granted, he was only one year younger then her but when they were kids, it felt like more.

She felt his hand ran up her thigh. Wet drops running down her leg from where his fingers touched. He slowly spread apart her legs swimming in between them resting his arms against her thighs to support himself floating in the water. He placed his hands on her waist. "What's going on? You quit cheerleading. You're not only smoking cigarettes but weed too and drinking more."

His blue eyes bore into her brown ones desperate for answers. Angelina pressed her lips into a thin line shaking her head. "Nothing, just dealing with my parents stuff." It wasn't necessarily a lie. Her dads cancer was included in the parents stuff. Angelina noticed she's been doing that a lot more, not necessarily lying, she's hoping no one else caught on to it.

Jeremiah sighed knowing he wasn't going to get more from her. He gave her waist a squeeze. "So you and Christopher-"

"His name is Cristian," Angelina said rolling her eyes.

Jeremiah mimicked her eye roll smirking. "His name is not important. What is though, have you and him ever.." he said the last part quietly.

Angelina raised an eyebrow to his almost question, "Jeremiah.."

"Have you two ever hooked up?" He asked looking up at her.

"No," she answered. And this wasn't a lie. Angelina and Cristian have never dated or hooked up. He was a really good friend to her back home and of the family, she didn't want to ruin that.