2• Never Enough

Isabella's POV:

Pain.

Pain is all I felt. My body ached so bad I would beg someone to end all of my misery. But I'm used to anyway.

As I tried standing up, a painful sting of pain shot up all over my body, causing me to yelp in pain. Once I had my balance, it then occurred to me that it was a Friday, meaning that I was going to sleep at Ava's for the weekend. I looked at the time, shoot it's 7:12 am already and I have to get ready and pack up my things.

Shit

I tried to hurry as quickly as possible, careful not to touch my fresh bruises.

Thanks, dad.

Once everything was in place, I took a quick shower and got ready, I took out my makeup kit and started covering up my bruises.

They didn't hurt that bad today... but still felt the pain when applying the pain cream.

I hadn't told Ava about this yet, and I don't think I ever will. She doesn't have to know, I don't want her worrying about me. But either way, for me, no one will ever care or love me. I'll never be enough.

I quickly gathered everything, rushing downstairs to eat breakfast. Before I could reach the kitchen, I was pulled back by someone. And I stood there still.

"How did you sleep?" he asks, with a smirk smelling of alcohol.

"Good," I quickly replied, making sure I didn't say anything else. Fear rose when he started looking at me like he always did. Like he wants to take off the clothes I'm wearing and eat me alive. I don't know why he hasn't done anything yet, but I'm glad he hasn't. God knows I wouldn't be able to live with that.

He let go of me, and I quickly created a distance between us. He only just looked at me with amusement and took one last look at me from head to toe.

Eww, weird.

Before he could leave and grew nervous because I had to inform him about me going to Ava's place for the weekend.

"Uhmm, sir? May I visit Ava's for the weekend?", looking down at my feet, knowing he would say no.

"Alright, you can go," he said without any trace of anger. That is weird... since when does he act "nice".

I muttered a quick thank you, and before I could leave, he grabbed my arm. "And don't do anything to that sweet body of you, ok?" He said it while licking his lips.

I froze, totally froze.

What is wrong with him?? I have to find a way to escape this place and quickly. I rushed upstairs to grab my bags, leaving that man I call my father in the kitchen.
When I got to my small room, I locked the door and let out a deep breath I never knew I was holding. What was that? What if he tries something on me while I'm sleeping? Then how will I leave with myself?

Many thoughts ran through my mind until I received a message from Ava saying she was waiting for me.

I stood up and wiped the tears that were threatening to fall. I grabbed my bags and phone and left my room shut. When I get to the front door, I look for my dad to tell him that I'm leaving. I don't see him, but why should I care?
I hide the spare key in the flower pots near the door.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! We are going to have so much fun!" Ava shouted, jumping on my back. Who knows, maybe the whole neighborhood heard how loud she is. I sometimes can't with this girl. "Why do you have so much energy at 7 in the morning?"

"Well most girls would be excited to be able to spend the whole weekend with their best friends, duhhhh plus it's your birthday tomorrow," she said reminding me how I didn't like celebrating my birthdays and grateful for having her as my friend.

We packed my bags in her car and drove off to our classes for the day. It's about to be one long day.

We soon get to school and walk to our different classes since we take different courses. I get to my desk and mentally prepare myself for today. Ok, now I can say it's about to be a long Friday.

The day slowly passes, and I finish all my lessons. We are in the cafeteria eating lunch before we leave. We decided to do last-minute shopping for tomorrow because Ava said I'll need new, slut clothes and not my boring clothes. We finish lunch we leave heading to our next stop, the mall.

We have already tried 4 shops yet we haven't found anything yet. We enter our last shop ready to give up, but one dress sticks out to me.

A black slick short dress which I love.
And I chose it. Ava thinks it would look beautiful and sexy on my hour-shaped body. I doubt. With sexy white heels that I hope I can walk in.

Then Ava picked a red silky Short one which would compliment her small petite body and would look amazing.
With some black heels. She will look hot wearing them.

We finished after 3 hours doing our shopping and we went looking for some food because we were famished. We decided to go to McDonald's then we can head home right after. It was nice getting out of that house and spending time with Ava. About 30 minutes we decided to leave so we can have time to rest before tomorrow.

We got to Ava's place. I swear I lost my words every time I came to her house. Her parents are a business couple, and since Ava wanted her own space, her parents bought her a place of her own.

"You know you can come live with me. This is a big house, and it gets lonely sometimes, " she said, looking at me.

She has mentioned it a few times, but I wasn't sure yet. "I'll come stay with you then," I told her, giving her my best smile. I had planned to tell her everything that had been going on at home, but I'm still thinking if it's a good idea.

When I say this house is big. I mean, it's big... but not that big. It has 4 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a pool, a hot tub, a cinema room, and a game room.

And it looked so amazing... maybe living here won't be bad after all.

*3 hours later*

We spent the rest of our day in the pool. We decided to order because we didn't want to cook. "What movie are we going to watch?" Ava asked while looking through her Netflix. We were now in the sitting room. We decided to make a large bed with just blankets and lots of pillows. With snacks and drinks.

We decided to go for a horror movie. We both liked scary things, so it was the best choice. While we watched the movie, we did our nails and had our face masks on and ate some snacks.
We didn't pay attention to the movie much. We were discussing things for tomorrow. Soon after, we fell asleep with the TV on and cut our night short....

Okay, it was 2 am. anyway.