9• Lie

Isa's POV:

I slowly open my eyes as I feel someone shaking my shoulder gently. "We're here, Cherry." Kai informs me as I adjust my eyes to the light even though the sun is setting. Honestly, I love sunsets. Call me cheesy, but I do. The sunset looked so beautiful with the different colors with an orange and redish look.

I snapped out of the trance I was into notice we had actually reached Ava's apartment. I wonder how we got here, I was about to ask how he knew where Ava's apartment was but pushed it aside.

"Thanks for the ride." I turn to him and give him a smile. He smiles and nods and says a quick "Your welcome cherry."

Grabbing my things. Kia gets out of his car, and i notice he's already on the other side of the car, opening the door for me. He gives me his hand, and I don't think much about it and take it. I thank him once again and make my way to the door and turned back and see Kia waiting for me. I wave, and he does the same. I take out my key and get in.

As soon as I step into the apartment building, I hear his speed off with his car. What's with people and speeding?

I enter and make sure that the door is locked. I put my things on the counter and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I look around and see that Ava isn't in the living room. Her place is was really nice and modern . It's quite cute. With the floor having creamy white carpet and walls with a baby blue color. It's honestly cute and felt homey.

I waste no time and go straight for her room to check if she's there. I knock before entering. She's on her phone listening to music with her headphones while studying. I rushed over to her and gave her a big hug since her back was facing me she jumped a bit and turned around and gave me a big smile.

"You better tell me when you've been." she said with a stern face and hugged me back.

I told her everything that went on, and of course, she was shocked and felt guilty because she felt like if she stayed with me, none of this would've happened. I reassured her I was okay and she had nothing to worry about. She apologized, and I gave her a hug and told her everything was okay.

I really don't blame her.

We pulled away, and she continued with her work while I put my phone in the charger and packed my clothes back in the suitcase because I'll be leaving for 'home' tomorrow after classes.

Great. Back to that, hell hole.

Once I packed up everything, I made sure my books were up to date and everything was ready for tomorrow.

After that, Ava and I suggested watching a movie and ordering food. We both decided on watching a rom-com movie called the Notebook. We laughed and cried because of it. We passed out a few hours later.

"Ava, wake up, we're going to be late for classes!" I called out to her, getting my bag and books ready. "Yeah, I'm coming!" She answered, grabbing her coffee I made for her and her car keys.

We left for college and got there soon. We hugged each other and agreed on meeting at the place we always meet up. I made my way to class, thankful that the professor wasn't here, for only for him to walk in 3 minutes later and began my day.

My course was commercials. Ever since I was a little girl, I grow up dreaming of being a business owner. And nothing would stop me from accomplishing that.

The whole day passed by quite slowly, thankfully that that was my last class. I walked to the cafeteria where we agreed to meet up. Spotting Ava sitting there on her phone. My smile grew, and I quickly walked over to her.

"Arghhhhhhhh, this was such a long and boring day." I sighed and pouted as I sat in front of me.

"Tell me about it. Honestly, I hate Mondays. But it will be all worth it when we graduate next year." she said sighing.

We talked and talked and had our food delivered because we didn't enjoy the food school severed. And it was time for me to go back.

We drove off, and she dropped me off. "You know the offer still stands. You have a room back at my place," she said with a weak smile. I hugged without saying anything and stayed there for some time thinking about this. "I know. And I'm taking that offer." I tell her finally have made my decision.

"Think ab- WHAT?, are you serious?" She pulled back and looked at me, and I gave her a nod. "I am, but not right now. Maybe next week, I'll have to get started in packing rommie." she screamed and smiled at me and hugged me.

"You sure your parents won't mind me staying with you?"

"Of course not. You're like family and they would love that idea too. Don't worry about it." She smiled.

"Great, I can't wait for next week. Ahhhhhh! I'll be picking you up tomorrow. Bye bae!"

"Okay, bye." I waved at her as she drove off.

I opened the door to the house. Greatful no one was home. I quickly took a shower and took into comfortable clothes. Made some food and decided to sleep because I was tired. Got in bed. Minutes later, I was out cold.

I felt hands all over my body, thinking I was dreaming. I tossed and turned, thinking they'll stop. My eyes snapped open to only being frozen still, and I panicked.

"D-dad, what are you doing?" He looked at me for a brief moment and smirked. How I wanted to wipe that off. "Ahh my dirty little whore is awake, finally. Now i can have fun." He was drunk, and he was about to rape me.

No

He continued touching me. I told him to stop, and he continued. I started kicking and screaming for him to only give me painful slap on my left cheek which hurt like a bitch.

I tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Please don't do this. P-please dad."

He held my hands down with one hand and started removing my shorts with the other. I moved my body, hoping it would be enough to make him stop, but that made him angrier, and he slapped me hard enough that I felt blood going down my nose.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! I am not your father you little bitch, now let me have what's mine." He shouted and my eyes widened at his confession and was about to take off my baggy t-shirt but I gained enough power to knee him in the crotch and he grunted falling off of me. I took think time to get up and run away. Only for me to feel something grabbing my arm and pulling me back until I hit the wall with my head. Black dots appeared, but I quickly shook them away.

This was not the time to pass out.
I need to get out of here.

"You are going to pay for that." He said and grabbed my throat, making it hard for me to breathe. I could feel myself about to pass out. From the corner of my eye, I saw a flower pot. I grabbed it and hit his head, making me fall back and use this time to punch him in the face, and he fell down, passing out.

I ran out, grabbing my phone and money I spent saving up. Ran down the stairs and quickly grabbed my sneakers by the door. Opening the door, the cold air hit my face, and that is when I started running. Running off somewhere, no one would find me. Where he wouldn't be able to find me.

I ran and ran and ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. I looked at my phone to see that I was only at 2:46am. Thinking about what happened a few minutes ago. That's when the tears fell, like a dam. I cried until my feet couldn't take my weight anymore. I fell to the ground, feeling so powerless and drained.

Lord, why me?

With the bit of energy in me, I lifted myself and started walking. I had no place to go. I just had to keep on moving.

He can't find me.

No.

I walked until my vision started getting hazy. Until I couldn't anymore. I fell, but my body did not meet with the ground. Strong arms picked me up bridal style. Looking at who it was. My eye widened, it's him.

Liam.