22• Home

Isabella's POV:

It was now nighttime, and we were still talking and catching up on the last years we lost. It took me a while to be able to talk to him, but he was patient.

We were going through the family album when my eyes landed on a picture of a beautiful woman. She had these perfect hazel brown eyes, a beautiful smile showing her white perfect teeth. She held onto a baby in her arm and then had a small little cute boy holding on her other hand.

The picture looked as if they weren't expecting it to be taken. They were in a garden with a sun shining at them. My hands moved on her face as I deeply looked at her.

She looked so beautiful.

"That's your mother and brother. I took this when they were outside the garden. Your mother loved it so much that she forced us all to take walks and picnics every Sunday." He smiled at himself, remembering that day as if it all had happened yesterday.

His face fell and became sad, "I haven't been there ever since that day. When I lost her, I never could bring myself to go there because everything remained me of her. I miss her every single day." My heart hurt from hearing this.

Without thinking, I hugged him and whispered, "I know I've never met her, but I'm sure she loved us more than anything, and she would have been proud of us." It first took him by surprise, but he soon hugged me back. We got back to looking at the pictures when I asked him.

"Umh, you mentioned I had a brother, but where is he right now?"

"Oh, your brother, Jaylen Allsaniour. I'm sure you met him earlier on when you came here. Apologies if he was rude. He's been like that since he lost your mother. He's been closed off from the world and his feelings." He said, sounding as if he blamed himself for all this.

"But you'll meet him when he gets back from work. He's going to be the new Don of the Spanish Mafia soon. I'm getting old and will retire soon." He says.

"Oh, that's okay. Wait, does this mean I'm I have some part in the Mafia?" I require.

"Well, of course you do, dear, but it's been a long time so people think you are dead and all, so it's up to you if you wanna be known in this world. I want to keep you away from this, dear. I can't lose you again." He says, sounding worried.

I nod, understanding the situation.

"But you can think about it. This is your family. Always been, and you have the right to be involved in this. But for now, it's time for bed. I'm sure you are exhausted." He stands up, me following.

"I'll send more clothes to your room, and if you need anything, you know where to find me dear. We shall have breakfast around 9 in the morning. I'll see you then." We say our goodnights, and I head over to the room I stayed in.

As promised, I found the clothes on the bed for me. I do my nightly routine and head to bed. Sleeping on this queen sized bed, I try to process anything at once.

I have a family now. Everything he told me was real. Well, of course, he had proof to back him up. But one person that was on mind was Liam.

I decided to talk to my father...well, that sounds weird. Now I have one to call my father. I'll talk to him about Liam tomorrow. I need to make sure he's okay.