30• Bora Bora

Isabella's POV:

The last past couple of hours have been dreadful. The feeling of fear and anxiety never leaving me. With the words always going through my mind never seeming to leave.

I was now in my night, silky dress in bed, trying to fall asleep, but nothing helped. I tossed and turned. But the only thing I could think about for the words;

"You know what we want and unfortunately today we couldn't. But I'll be back for her sooner than you think Santiago."

I looked at the time on my phone and realized that it was only 1 AM in the morning and I couldn't find Liam anywhere in the room.

So I made it out of the room and started looking for him and made my way to his office, knowing find him. I could see light coming from his office, I gently opened the door and searched for him when my eyes landed on him sitting on his chair with paperwork all over the table with his messy hair and loose tie.

His eyes found mine and the only thing I could see was fear and tiredness which made my heart ache. Seeing him like this hurt me.

I made my way to him without breaking eye contact with him and stood in front of him as he looked up at me. I brushed his hair back and held his face in my small hands as it covered his face which revealed his light grey eyes and not the normal ones I'm used to.

My heart broke as I saw how tired and drained he was. "Come back to bed. It's late." I said to him and gave him a kiss on the forehead as he close his eyes and deeply sighed. He pulled me closer to him and hugged me tightly, resting his head on my chest.

"I can't sleep knowing that there's someone who wants to hurt you. I can't lose you Isabella. I would die before I let someone hurt you." he said looking up at me, truth laced in his voice.

"I get that you want to protect me, but you need to rest if you wanna do that, please come to bed with me and we'll figure out something in the morning. You are tired and I can't sleep without you." I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room going back to our room.

He went in the bathroom and freshened up since he was still in his suit. I made my way to the bed and waited for him to finish. 10 minutes later he was out and was wearing his white vest and sweatpants. He joined me on the bed and looked at me without saying anything. He kissed me, passionately, as if he was trying to say something.

He pulled away and looked at me with loving eyes and fear,as much as he tried to hide it. He couldn't hide it from me.

"We need to sleep, we have an early flight in the morning." He said.

He smiled at me and kissed my forehead, which always gave me a sense of comfort and safety.

"Where are we going?" I asked while looking curiously at him.

"Bora bora love. I know you always wanted to go there and this would be the best thing to do." My eyes lit up with excitement when I told him we are going to Bora Bora.

"But why?"

"We are going away for a while just till this dies down a little." He answered. I nodded understanding the situation but was also happy to finally visit there.

We both soon drifted off to sleep. Holding onto me as if I'll vanish.

Liam's POV:

I woke up early than I usually do, having a rough time sleeping.

How could I sleep knowing that there was someone out there who wanted to hurt what's mine?