𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5

♪ If you don't stop calling then I can't let go
When you're drunk and saying that you need me close ♪

Sofia Morales POV

I got to my apartment and I took a quick shower, finally decided to eat milk with cereals and I ended I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the doorbell and my parents and brother were outside. Hell no.

"We know you are home" Edgar screams and I roll my eyes. I won't be humiliated again.

I ignored them and they eventually left. I never thought this is where I would be now. I considered is family mine, we grew up together. We started dating in high school and survived university, he asked me to marry him while we were traveling abroad with our families. He got the video a month later, on his birthday. He and Miguel knew who each other were but met in college, Carlos hated him and so did I.

Miguel is a disgusting human being. But basically, Carlos left for the US after seeing the video, everything went ballistic and here we are now. I am alone and he has all the support system I knew he would have. He didn't deserve what happened but neither did I.

I spent all weekend thinking about it and when I got to work it was chaotic, this month was going to be hard. It was harder than usual but we did it, all positions were filled and I and Carlos just greeted each other when other people were there.

"We have the company's party this Friday, are you coming this year?" Amelia asks and I try to think of an excuse. Everyone knew me, everyone knew who my parents were and that we were once engaged, I don't know if they know of the cheating scandal but I failed the party for 5 years and I was planning to keep doing it.

"It's not my thing. I need some rest after this crazy month. Have fun. It's tomorrow right?" I ask and she nods.

"There was a message saying that since it was the company's 50 years everyone was obligated to come" She says and I take a deep breath, he didn't want me to come, I would make everyone that favor.

"I will see what I will do" I say and she nods smiling.

People who work in lower positions forgot about me and Carlos but the people in higher positions, like the administration and the board, remember me. I know it for a fact. I won't show up there. It would be humiliating for me and for them. I was leaving work and I caught Carlos on the elevator again.

"Can I put in a sick day for tomorrow so I will miss the party and nobody needs to give explanations?" I ask and he seems surprised.

"Explanations have been given 5 years ago. We ended amicably, you should show up to show there is no bad blood"

"Do you really believe that?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I know it will be humiliating since everyone envied you but it's a bit weak not to show up just because you know you fucked up your social status" He says and I'm pissed off by this point.

"Everyone also knows it wasn't amicable from the point your parents and mine started calling everyone so I would be blacklisted on other companies and couldn't find anything as soon as the internship here ended. There is bad blood, they showed it despite the version you decided to tell"

"It's your decision. I don't really care. Do as you want" He says leaving the elevator and I nod.

I got to the car and got a text from Juan telling me I should come to the party and that he wouldn't accept that I used one of my vacation days for that day. Shit. I went to a store and bought something to wear, fuck my life.

I was once part of the elite, and I know what would make them shut up, I don't really care that I'm no longer part of it but I will mark my position. The next day went normally and everyone went home to change and then we still had to drive 30 minutes to the venue. I agreed to drive Amelia so she came home with me.

"Wow, you almost snatched my wig and I'm not even wearing one. You look bomb, how come you didn't want to go?" She asks completely excited. I chose something sexy but good enough for a work party, women in the company usually forget that sexy can be classy, and I learned it from the best.

 I chose something sexy but good enough for a work party, women in the company usually forget that sexy can be classy, and I learned it from the best

"I know what looks good on me. You are gorgeous too" I say and she smiles.

"If I knew the dress code was to kill it I wouldn't have chosen such a simple dress" She says picking her purse up.

She had a cute dress, it ended on the same length as my skirt, it had a good pattern for something work related, she chose it well. It was tight and sexy. These parties are to show off. Especially for rich people. We got there and there were cameras as always, some from the company and others are just journalists. Amelia leaves and I leave too, giving the car to the valet, he smiled and wished me a good night. I looked up the stairs and saw the Sainz family.

Their eyes followed the flashes and landed on me. Carlos was wearing a red tie and looked as good as always. I ignored the stares I was given and walked upstairs while the flashes multiplied the closer I got to them. I dodged them and entered the huge hall where the celebration was occurring. I was offered a cup of champagne and I took it. I needed it.

Everyone looked at me, especially the higher-ups, their wives looked unpleased and they were talking between themselves. I'm glad none of us was ever like them. I looked for my table and noticed it was closer to the front than I expected. This is not going to be good.