𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 20

♫ Put two and two together, you sound motherfuckin' crazy
Switch that back to back and know you wish you pushin' daisies
Hope you fuckin' hate it ♫

Sofia Morales POV

Don't get me wrong. I knew Claudia was hitting on him. She used to always want to be me. I had the best grades, she wanted to have the best grades. I had a particular friend, she would take it. I had Carlos and she could never even touch him. I turned to head to the table and he just watched me.

"What help do you need from me?" He asks as I looked at him confused with how he hadn't moved.

"I think you fixed it. My seat was too close to the López" I say pointing to the tables in the back and he is definitely surprised.

"You are mine tonight. I want that to be clear for him" He says getting closer and putting his hand on mine before taking my chair a bit back so I could sit.

I sit on it and he brings it closer to the table. He kisses my cheek and sits by my side. My brother was on my other side followed by my parents. His sisters were by his side followed by their parents. It seemed like time hadn't moved. But it did.

The conversation flew easily and I felt at peace, even though I shouldn't. I should hate them more, but I can't. I saw the worry on their faces, I saw the love and I see the regret every single day. But I need constant proof that they are sorry, apologies would never be enough. I was watching their every move.

As soon as the dinner ended, I saw how Claudia and Miguel were happily talking and I found it odd. The Sainz were asked to make a speech due to their generous donation and Carlos was the one who did it.

"I want to thank everyone who came together for such an important cause and to help those who have less than us. An auction will be conducted, and my family decided to auction an important painting that my parents adore and all proceeds will be donated. The Morales will auction a historic sculpture that has been in their family for generations. I know many of you have already listed your items for auction and some vacations and other activities will also be auctioned for some fun for us. I appreciate every presence and I hope we can all have fun today" He says looking around the room but his eyes settled on mine. I held his gaze even though it was making me nervous.

"She shouldn't even be here. The Morales really are shameless" A woman says at that moment everyone went quiet and I feel my cheeks burning. My breaths got quicker and I felt humiliated once again, I dropped my sight and turned to the table so I didn't have to face people who were looking at me.

"I also wanted to take this moment to apologize to Sofia Morales. Most of you know of our long-lasting relationship that came to an abrupt halt. I was an asshole who failed to protect and defend the love of his life. I will not, under any circumstance, allow any hurtful comment about her. It will be received with great offense and I will have to rethink my tights to whoever dares to do so. I failed her, not the other way around. I should've debunked the rumors long ago but I wasn't here to do so and it was my sole mistake. I only ask for respect and for our privacy to remain just as the name suggests, private" He says before stepping down and coming to the table.

"Lo siento cariño" My mom whispers with a guilty look on her face and I shake my head.

"Look at me" Carlos says as he sat down. I felt the eyes on us so I ignored him. He gently cupped my face and made me look at him.

"What?" I ask angrily and he smiles.

"I will not let this happen. There is no reason to be ashamed, we both know it" He was so confident, but he wasn't the one being defamed for 5 years.

"You were not the one who was treated like a criminal" I blurt out and he nods.

"I will fix that. Just trust me" He was honest, he meant to fix it but I don't know how he thought he could do that.

The auctions started, and when a break came I saw a man coming in our direction and the table went silent.

"I am sorry, my wife has too big of a mouth. I didn't mean any disrespect to both of you. Do not associate her behavior with my way of conducting business" The man says clearly nervous.

"I tend to take it personally when my wife is insulted. I don't take it lightly" Carlos says with a harsh tone and I almost gasped but I kept my composure.

"I will make sure it never happens again. Have a good night mister Sainz" He says still scaredly and I wait for him to leave to face Carlos.

"Your wife?" I ask completely shocked by his choice of words.

"Just, follow me on this" He says kissing my cheek.

"I have a great idea!" We hear someone scream. "How about auctioning some dates with the most desirable people in this room?"

"Fucking asshole" Carlos says as he saw Miguel on the stage and I was burning in anger.

"Sofia Morales. She is definitely desired by most men here" He says as the light changes to me.

"I don't think my partner would appreciate but we appreciate the idea" I say trying to come off as confident and everyone seemed curious.

"Carlos Sainz Junior. Come on, even some men must want him for a few hours" He says excitedly but his eyes revealed something else. He wanted to win once again.

"I am taken, and so is she. But I believe there are a lot of single people here who would be happy to participate" Carlos says as he held my hand proudly.

"Carlos Sainz and Sofia Morales! Give us the details, are you back together?" He asks clearly interested but I tasted the bitterness in his tone. His dad was making signals for him to stop, he was desperate.

"We are but we appreciate the privacy we have been keeping" Carlos' voice showed some resentment and I was getting worried.

"That is just great. Applaud for the happy couple!" He says before he left the stage and I breathed relieved, I didn't even notice I was holding my breath.