𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 35

♫ Let your arms be a place
She feels safe in
She's the best thing that you'll ever have ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

We spent the next week having fun with our families, I had to drink double the drinks because she couldn't drink alcohol and we had to find a way for them not to notice so I would drink her drinks. Time to head back to Madrid came and we did so, the appointment was scheduled so we found an excuse and went to meet her doctor.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure?" She asks jokingly and Sofia takes a deep breath.

"I did a pregnancy test that came out positive a week ago so we wanted to check it out and see how it's going" She says nervously and the doctor nods.

"Let's see it then" She says as she leads Sofia to the bed next to the ultrasound machine. I followed them and gave Sofia my hand.

Two minutes later I was seeing something and I felt my heart racing. I looked at Sofia and smiled while trying to contain my tears. Is this really happening? Oh God. The doctor saw it from some angles and then helps Sofia in cleaning the gel in her stomach.

"You are around 7 weeks so it seems like late June or early July I would say. The measurements are correct and it seems like it's going on the right track. I don't think that the past will affect you now. There was nothing wrong back then, the stress and your injuries got the best over your body. I think this will be a very healthy pregnancy, just try not to stress yourself" She warns her calmly and Sofia nods frantically.

"I can do that. Could we have the pictures and we will schedule the next appointment in the reception?" Sofia asks happily and she nods.

"Of course. For now, I will also give you a flyer with the best prenatal vitamins to ensure a good growth of the baby, I think it will be good to have the extra help."

We did as we spoke, she gave us the flyers, an envelope with the pictures printed, we scheduled for an appointment in 4 weeks, I also stopped by the pharmacy and bought the vitamins before heading back to the car. As soon as we got home I looked at her.

"How are we feeling? That was intense!" I say as I still felt my heart racing just thinking of being a father.

"I am feeling good, she managed to calm me down. I feel great actually, I always knew I wanted you to build a life with. I know life took its turns and it fucked us up but I think the baby is very welcome in our lives..." The way she stopped made me think she clearly had something else to say.

"But?" I ask curiously.

"It kind of made me anxious because it feels like history is repeating itself. Both our babies were conceived in late June and beginning of July, I don't want to lose this baby. I can't deal with it again" Hearing it broke me but I sat down next to her on the couch and hugged her.

"I won't allow history to repeat itself. I am here for you, I am almost done with Miguel. I bought the company officially, his dad sold me the few actions they had left. I also gave police all information regarding tax fraud inside the company which means he may be arrested and very probably will be away from the business world for a long time. He is not hunting us down anymore" I explain to her as she looked at me with some hope in her eyes.

"I believe you. I just think there are a lot of ways to lose a baby. I think Miguel got the message. He apologized, and he asked for you to stop, he is no longer coming to my apartment building, I think his dad sent him to rehab in another country which will keep him away. I am generally scared but I won't let it stop me. Let's go to whatever place you planned and enjoy the rest of our vacation. When we come back for your birthday we can announce to our families" She says as she hold my hand excitedly.

"I planned for us to go to Italy and be a bit more romantic than being on the beach" I say as I let out a laugh and she does too.

"What about some fast food for dinner? I am craving it, I know I shouldn't but it's just today" She asks as she pouts and I nod.

"Do you want me to go get it and bring it home or just go there both of us?" I ask as I get up and she follows my lead.

"Let's go together!" She says excitedly and I smile.

I have her, she is back. The love of my life is back. What more could I wish for? We ate exactly what she was craving. We watched a movie and I made some popcorns for us, we also had some ice cream so it was good.

We left for Italy the next day, we were going to visit some cities for the next 2 weeks before we would get back to Madrid for my birthday and, unfortunately, work. I was taking care of everything to be quicker with the new position in Human Resources so Sofia could work from home, that way she would be way less stressed.

My dad is back home taking care of it since I asked him for it to ahead now and he agreed she needed a stress free job, once she got that position her friend, Amelia, was the most recommended to have the place. She is the best choice since she has proven her value inside the department a lot of times.

I think everything will be ready to go once we get back to Madrid.