𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 17

♫ Watch them laugh at all my secrets
Scream and yell, but I feel speechless ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

The holidays were difficult but when Sofia told them everything. That's when everyone had a whole lot of motivation to bring Miguel down in the most horrendous ways. Everyone was joining me on my plan, which was going perfectly. Miguel has no way to compete against me. I was working overtime when someone knocks on my door. I had sent Carla home so I thought I was alone in the whole building.

"Can I come in? You are taking way too long at answering" Sofia's voice is heard through the door and I open it with the button on my desk.

"Sofia. It's midnight. Were you working until now?" I ask getting up confused and she shushes me.

"I am a bit drunk. I will start with that. I- This is all fucked up. I was healing. I thought I was. I thought I could just hate and resent everyone for the rest of my life. Why did you come back?" She asks while getting closer, she was not walking straight but she did alright. She knows what she is doing.

"I had to come back. I needed to be close to them again. Being alone in the USA doesn't sound good because it isn't good" I say watching her as she looked around.

"How many girlfriends did you have?" She asks focusing her eyes on mine.

"None" I answer firmly and she smiles.

"I guess I marked you with the cheating thing. How many did you fuck? No, let me rephrase that. How many did you fuck while thinking about me?"

Oh, God. She is that type of drunk. She has a few types of drunkenness. The one where she is pretty fine and outsmarts everyone because she can. The one where she just passes out and doesn't remember anything the next day. This is the one where she flirts. This is dangerous territory.

"Too many Sofia. I will take you home" I say getting up but she shakes her head.

"I don't like this. You calling me Sofia. It doesn't feel right. What happened to the cute nicknames? Mi amor, mi vida, cariño, hermosa. I hate this shit" She says angrily and stops in front of me to slowly look at me up and down.

Oh, this is the mood swings one. I am fucked.

"I know how you feel but getting drunk won't fix it" I say holding her wrist when she loses balance even though she wasn't even walking.

"I went to meet my family. I will try to trust them, they swear to not judge me ever again. I went out drinking with Edgar, I drank and he talked" She explains and I nod. I am a bit more relieved because she needs to have her support system back.

"And how did you get here then? And why?" I ask curiously.

"It was automatic. We were in a bar close by and a guy was being really pushy, Edgar started fighting him like the big brother he is and I walked out. I told him I went home and he did the same" She shrugs and I smile.

"I will take you home then" I say picking up my jacket.

"Would you fuck me if I asked you to? I think the sexual tension is what makes it hard to be in the same room as you. If we do it then maybe we can just despise each other because we are making it something way better in our heads" She says putting one of her hands in my chest and stopping me on the way to the door.

"Let's be honest. There is nothing better than us fucking, we don't need to make it something better to want it. If I did that it wouldn't make this sexual tension any better" I say looking into her eyes, I watch her swallowing nervously and I smile. I wasn't the only one feeling all of this.

"I want it so badly. I know I am being stupid but fuck. I wish you hadn't come back. You are messing up with my head" She says taking her hand off and taking a step back.

"We would have to deal with this someday. Did you really think you would take that to your grave?" I ask interested if she would actually do it.

"That was my plan but you always make a point of ruining my plans" She says pouting and turning around.

"I just ruined that one" I say following her to the door.

"You ruined my plan to fuck you in this office tonight. Congrats on that one" The disappointment and mocking on her voice made me laugh.

"That wasn't your plan Sofia" I say as she opened the door. She turned around to me.

"Why wasn't it my plan? What am I doing here then genius?" She asks crossing her arms and the door hits her shoulder.

"You are here because you got drunk and this was probably the closest place you knew from the bar" I say pointing to the exit but she doesn't move.

"You are so arrogant now. No wonder everyone calls you Mr Arrogant. Asshole" She says finally turning around and waiting for the elevator.

"I am not arrogant. I just know that this is not what you and I both need. This would be something to complicate things"

I was being honest. Of course I wouldn't mind having sex with her. Fuck, I would do it without ever thinking twice. But I have done her dirty, everyone has. Nothing can go back to the way it was. I can't plan my wedding with her, I can't decorate the baby's room. I can't pretend like having her would be nothing more than a night of sex.

Having to let her go would kill me once again. Only I know how much I loved her and how much I still do. And only I know how much I blame myself for what happened. Why didn't I went looking for her when she didn't show up home? Why didn't I suspect the video? Why? There are a lot of whys and what-ifs. Nothing would change what happened. But I still could protect us from myself.