𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 28

♪ You said, "forever," and I almost bought it
I miss fighting in your old apartment ♪

Sofia Morales POV

I took the rest of the week off as I was promised. I came back and Amelia and Juan came running to me as soon as I left the elevator on our floor. The three of us went to Juan's office.

"What?" I ask curiously as I see their deadpan faces.

"You left your office crying, I was worried sick about you and you tell you are fine, it was a family matter and you take those days off. Until then it's tolerable. But then you just throw us to the wolfs, those were a hell of 3 days" Amelia says completely outraged by what I supposedly did.

"I didn't do anything. Did anything big show up? I asked if it was possible, I was told it was. Our projects were all pretty advanced" I say confused by her revelation.

"Oh, no. We got all work done in a day. Because the CEO decided to take your place to make sure everything was definitely ready when you came back. We finished what we had almost finished and are halfway on the new project, everything so you would the lighter workload possible when you got back" Juan says and I am completely shocked of the fact that Carlos was working in my department to make sure everything was done correctly.

"He did that? He spent 3 days here? In my office? Bossing you around?" I was so shocked I couldn't even phrase a whole question.

"Oh, he did. He was arrogant as everyone expected but that mine is fine as hell. The more I looked at him, the more sexier he got. You are lucky, too damn lucky" Amelia was clearly daydreaming as she spoke.

"So, work is still ahead of the schedule?" I ask curiously and they both nod.

"It is, more than a week ahead of what was planned" Juan says nodding happily.

"Well, I will talk to him and see what I can do since he knows it better than me now" I say getting up from the chair and they exchange looks before looking at me.

"Just tell him that I can take your place, it's always between me and Juan. He doesn't need to come here and stress us with his perfeccionism" Amelia pleads and I laugh.

"I will do my best, but he is still the boss" I say as I leave the room. I head upstairs and I see Carla was clearly nervous.

"Good morning Sofia. Are you feeling better?" She asks as her eyes look at Carlos' door.

"Good morning. I am doing good now, you look great today. Who's there?" I ask curiously.

"Thank you, you look great as always. Her name is Claudia Navarro, she said she was a friend, Carlos told me to let her in" She says and I nod.

"She is my friend, I want to get updated on the tea" I say giving her a wink and she nods. There is not much she could do. My print opened the door to Carlos' office.

"Sofia!" Claudia says as she hears my heels.

"Good morning!" I say excitedly as I look at Carlos. He was in his chair and she was on the other side of the table in one of the two chairs there. I like the distance that's being kept.

"Good morning mi vida" Carlos says happily, I think he missed me.

"I didn't expect you here. Am I interrupting something?" I ask as I position myself besides Carlos and his hand tries to reach me but it ends up on my thigh, right where my skirt ended.

"No! I was just here to discuss some possible businesses ideas. Since you know Carlos I tried to use that on my favor but he really lives up to his reputation" She says as she looked him up and down. The desire was splashed on her face and I was right here. I don't know what she might've said before I got here but I sure hope Carlos blew her off.

"With the dimension of the company you know that favors can't be done, but if you present a formal proposal I would always let my teams check it out before it runs by me" Carlos says calmly as his hand was still on the back and side of my thigh, her eyes stop there and she gulps nervously.

"Well, I am glad I got to talk to you anyways. It's nice to see you Sofia, you look happier now" She says as she gets up, and Carlos stands up too.

"Have a good evening" Carlos says as he shook her hand and I give her a little nod.

"You know your way out. Have a good week Claudia" My voice is a warning for her. She knows it and so do I. She leaves and Carlos turns to me which makes us dangerously close.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as his eyes focused on my face.

"I am good, it was good to be back in my childhood home. But my coworkers apparently have been overperforming. I think I'm slowing the team down" I test his response, would he tell me he was there making sure I was never called in?

"You have a good team, you and Juan did a good job on the people you hired after being on it" Carlos says calmly, he wasn't lying, he chose to avoid to tell me.

"I think the stress of having their CEO watching their every step form my office was enough motivation for them to be at their best. But what do I know?" I say taking a step back and he smirks.

"I told you we could do it without you, I didn't tell you how" He shrugs and I shake my head.

"You were doing two jobs at the same time, you shouldn't be doing that. That's favoritism" I accuse him and he laughs.

"You are my favorite, I don't care what people think. Besides, I was there to put pressure on them, Juan and Amelia did all the paperwork. I was doing my job downstairs, nothing was harmed by that"

"When are you going on vacation?" I ask out of nowhere and I knew he wasn't expecting it just by his expression of confusion.

"August, I will be working like 2 hours every morning but no meetings and no need to be here in August. And you? Anything planned?" He asks as curiosity was all over his face.

"September, I wasn't approved for any time off before that" I say shrugging. Let me see his reaction.

"Did you want time off before that?" He asks as he sat down in his chair.

"I asked for the last two weeks in August but he gave me the first two of September, it's not that different. Less confusion I guess" I shrug not really bothered.

"Who didn't approve it? Juan?" He asks curiously as he was doing something in his computer.

"Yeah, he needs me to stand by in case he needs helps, he can't handle being alone and Amelia is off for the last two weeks" I am uninterested now.

"Well, I will allow you the whole month, he will have the help he needs, don't worry about it. You are coming with me, time to have your deserved time off" He says calmly and decisively.

"No! That definitely can't happen, he has the first two weeks off" I say alarmed by his idea.

"I know, I will take care of it. We will spend the first two weeks with our families and then two weeks just us. That's final" He says leaning back on his chair and looking up at me with his arms crossed. Is he crazy?