𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 12

♫ It's my fault, I know I'm selfish
Stand alone, my soul is jealous
It wants love, but I reject it ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

The moment she left everything was radio-silent. I got my jacket and I followed behind her, something else happened and I was damned if I didn't find out what made her this angry and resentful. She never got this angry and she was usually an open book. But I took too long, I couldn't find her. I went to my safe spot, it used to be our place to hang out, a small park close to where our families grew up in. I sat by the bench and watched the beautiful view.

Hours later I hear a car parking. I look back and there she was. Sofia had just parked and she was getting out of the car. She wasn't even seeing me, she sat by the grass and she just cried. I had a huge urge to just hug her and hold her close so she would stop. It was killing me not being able to do it. But I needed to keep my distance.

"We can't guess what happened. You should've told someone" I say standing up close to her and she raises her head after wiping her tears.

"Of course. You had to be here. Fucking hell" She says getting up and preparing to leave.

"Tell me the truth, we deserve that closure. I know I do" I say trying to hold her back.

"You don't. You deserve exactly what you gave me. Nothing" She says turning around with pure anger in her eyes. She was shooting daggers at me.

"I had to leave for my own sake. I sank myself into work for years hoping this feeling would go away. Not being good enough for you was shitty but being worse than Miguel really made me hit rock bottom. I thought leaving was the best option. I never stopped to think, I was blindsided" I say honestly and I hope I don't regret this.

"Did anyone wonder how I magically disappeared for a month? Did anyone even look for me?" She asks locking her eyes with mine and it felt unreal. She was broken. There was no guilt, this whole time I thought she dodged my eyes because of guilt or shame but she did it because she resented me. She resented all of us.

"They thought you wanted to avoid responsibility"

"Great. Fucking great. Can you keep your distance from me, please? I want nothing to do with any of you. Let's all be pleased it happened before the marriage. That would've been an even bigger shitshow" She says turning around to leave.

"Did he force you? That is all I need to know, was it consensual or did he force you?" I ask scared of the answer. If my fiance was raped and all I did was run, I would rather be burned alive than deal with the guilt.

"Finally, the million-dollar question. What do you think? In which one would you bet?" Bitterness filled her tone and I gulped.

"He forced you" It hit me like a train the thought of her being hurt and me only thinking the worst of her as she suffered. When was it? Was it the day before?

"Congratulations, you won the million. I always thought you were smarter than that but I have been proven wrong time and time again. Keep it between us, there is no need for everyone to see how wrong they were" She says with a softer tone. My girl was raped and I believed a fucking video, I didn't even try to hear what she might've said.

"Sofia. I will make it right. Fuck, let me make it right. What can I do? What did he do? Why didn't you tell anyone?" The questions were all flowing in my head, my mind was running wild and my mouth was saying everything that came to it.

"There is nothing to do right by. It is pretty clear that it worked, 5 years ended in 5 minutes. I was discarded and we both moved on. Let it be, I know nothing will take it all back. Nothing will make me forget I had to go through it alone" She says before she got in her car and drove off.

I found myself crying, I picked up my phone and called Ana. She needed to know, I don't even know what I said, I was on autopilot. She was here in 10 minutes and she ran to me worriedly and hugged me as we both sat on the bench.

"What happened?" She asks after I calmed down.

"Ana. Sofia was raped, she confirmed it. Miguel raped her" I say as tears were coming back to my eyes.

"No. NO! Mierda" Ana says completely shocked, her jaw dropped and her face showed guilt and regret.

"I will burn everything he owns to the ground and I will burn him last. I don't fucking care if I get arrested. He is going to die" I say as rage filled my veins. I think I am going through all the feelings at once, the sadness and the anger.

"I will help you, nobody will get in your way once they know why" She says holding my hand tightly.

"I fucked it up. She never owed anyone an apology, we all turned our backs like she meant nothing" I say feeling the guilt eating me up.

"We all fucked up but she seemed so normal in the video. I thought about it but I also thought that she would tell you or me. We all got so blinded by rage and pride that it completely made us forget all she meant to us. They need to know. Now" She was assertive in her voice and I nodded. This would wreck both of our families.

Betrayal is something hard to forgive but they would've forgiven her if she apologized. But someone raped her, videotaped it, and sent it to me on my birthday. This would destroy every guard they put up to be able to despise her. This would require the therapy everyone denied during all these years. This is fucked up. And I am a piece of shit.