𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 43

♫ And when she doesn't notice how pretty she is
Tell her over and over so she never forgets ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

In no way would I feel safe knowing that asshole would be walking around with all the shit he has done to her. I know I could've worked it out in other ways but justice wouldn't be fair enough for what he has done. How much time would he spend in jail after scarring her for life? It  would never be enough.

A life for a life, that's fair. Judge me if you want but I choose to show her she is safe, and so is our little girl. They are safe and that is all that matters. It was all planned to perfection and I knew I wasn't risking anything.

"You should've told us what you were doing." My dad says as he enters the living room with Edgar and Ricardo.

"I've done nothing" I say calmly as I keep watching the silly Christmas movie that was on television. We have been forbidden from entering the kitchen so this is all we have.

"We are not dumb, we would've supported your choice, I would like to have known. I was stressing out thinking of when he would do something to get revenge for ruining his family." Edgar says as he sits by my side on the couch.

"The less people who knew it, the better. You can't keep a secret, I said I would take care of this from the beginning. I took care of it, enjoy Christmas before this ruins the mood" I say as I cross my arms.

"You need to be careful with his dad, he will know you had some part in it. He was there when you made it clear that buying out the company was personal and he saw the tension between him and my daughter." Ricardo says nervously.

"His dad is not stupid enough to mess with me, don't worry about it. That is under control. Every move he makes is being controlled, he is mourning the loss of his son with his dear wife in Barcelona. He will be fine."

The silence finally overcame the room and they had nothing more to say. I just saw my dad smiling proudly. No one would say it but I knew they supported my decision. It wasn't an easy decision to make. I am not God to be taking someone's life as I wish but he deserved it. I would do it again in a heartbeat if it meant keeping them safe. I would've killed him years ago if I knew the stunt he would pull. He was a monster but for that woman, I am the devil on earth. I don't care.

"Is something wrong?" I heard Sofia's voice as she appeared in front of us with a curious look on her face.

"No, we are just enjoying the movie" I answer as I look up at her with a smile.

"Well, I came to tell you that it finally happened." She says excitedly and I get up so quick that I almost get dizzy.

"She finally kicked?" I ask as I get closer to her and she nods enthusiastically. She takes my hand and positions it in a specific place and I hold it there when I suddenly feel the little kick. "Took you long enough princesa" I say as the smile on my face couldn't get bigger even if I wanted.

"Do you mind?" Ricardo asks as he faces his daughter with excitement.

"Come here Dad" She says as she chuckles and helps him feel our daughter kicking and I observe.

It quickly turned into a session of feeling baby kicks, which was an emotional time. She took a bit longer to kick but I guess she really was committed to it because everyone got a chance to feel it and I saw in Sofia's face that she kept going for a while before taking a break.

"Was she hurting you?" I ask as I see her getting out of the bathroom and she shrugs.

"Some were a bit too violent but I am here for it. It means she is doing good. I am fine, I can deal with it. I'm just happy she finally kicked, I think she saved all her kicks for today" She laughs and I laugh with her.

"Tell me if there is anything I can do to help you and please sit down on the couch, I know you want to be in on the gossip but you can do so in a comfortable place," I ask her and she keeps laughing.

"Baby, I am not doing anything. I am sitting on the chair while I gossip around. I am living my best life, I don't want to go to the couch and see the same movies I've seen for the last 20 years. Plus, in an hour we will be all around the table, don't worry about it. I am feeling better than ever." She assured me before she kissed me.

Whenever she wants me to be quiet about something she just kisses me and I understand that the subject ended there. It's a dynamic that helped for years, it works for us to be honest. We went down the stairs from my parents' house and went our separate ways after I gently slapped her ass because I simply can.

I joined the men who started talking about football and I think the hour went by pretty fast. Edgar was kicked out twice while trying to grab any type of alcoholic drink. He stopped on the second try because Sofia was the one who kicked him out so that was his cue to stop.

Everyone is now around the table and it was completely worth the wait. The food is delicious but the company is better than ever. Having everyone together after such a long time feels almost unreal.