𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 39

♫ Has a hard time accepting a good compliment
She loves her whole family and all of her friends ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

It has been 2 months since I gave Sofia her new position, she had it officially in October and she has been doing very well, only good things are being said about the new position and I am proud of her, she is great in her job. Everyone is heading to our house, the funny thing is that they think we will only be celebrating Sofia's birthday but she also decided to do a pregnancy and gender reveal.

She will cut her cake and it will show blue or pink, we don't know yet but a week ago we had the appointment and everything was completely perfect. Her belly is showing but autumn started and she is always home so nobody has noticed, it is not that noticeable yet, which we appreciate because it has given us some needed privacy.

"They are parking their cars, they really followed the schedule" She warns me, I go to her side and peak through the window to find them all parking their cars.

"They wanted to arrive together so they shared the ride and saved us space in the driveway" I say as I kiss her cheek.

"Happy birthday!" My sisters almost scream as they enter the house and see Sofia.

That was followed by a lot of happy birthdays and hugs. We sat down to have dinner, had a lot of parallel conversations and the time to sing Happy Birthday and cut the cake was coming up. I brought the cake, positioned it in front of her, and lit up the candles.

"I love you" I whisper before we start singing.

I think we were both stressed out because we wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. She blew off the candles and looked up at me.

"Are you ready?" She asks nervously and I smile while nodding.

"More than ever" I say as I intertwine my hand with hers.

"Ready for what?" My mom asks confusedly. Sofia leans in and cuts the cake, she was obviously almost scared of seeing the color inside, it would all be official and real, I get it. My heart is beating like it wants out of my chest.

"Come on darling, I want cake! It looks so good" Her dad says almost as impatiently as confusedly and we both laugh. She took the slice of cake out and we saw the pink inside of it, she placed it on the plate and started crying in my arms.

"Is there something wrong? Did they switch it up?" Her dad asks worriedly as everyone gathers around us until Ana grasps.

"You are having a baby girl! This is a gender reveal!" Ana says as she points to the hand that instinctively went to her belly.

"Is it true?" My mom asks as tears fill her eyes and Sofia nods.

"We are having a girl! I thought I could do this without crying but that was a bust" She says as she chokes up in her words and her parents hug her.

Everyone congratulated us as I cut the cake for everyone, this happiness was truly unreal, there was no better feeling than this. She told them how and when she found out, she showed them the ultrasounds and everyone cried at some point.

"Most importantly, how are you feeling? Are you dealing well with the pregnancy?" Her mom asks worriedly and she smiles.

"I am doing better than never, I am excited for this phase, we kind of needed this. It made us closer and my trust in everyone has been unchanged, I thought it would make me more paranoid but it hasn't. I just want her to be here and for all of us to be able to love her as much as she deserves" She looks at every single one of us as she says it and I hold her hand under the table.

"We are obviously delighted by this new chapter. She has been to therapy and I did some sessions too. We had a couple's therapy session and we seem to be going well, there is no rush and I think this is the best we have ever been. I couldn't be happier" I explain as everyone listens carefully.

"Just call us if you need anything, at any time. Even if it's just for ice cream or whatever craving there might be. That is what we are here for. I will be a very good grandma for our little girl" My mom says as emotion fills her voice.

"There is no need to worry about it. I will take care of every craving. This is my responsibility to take on" I insist proudly and they laugh.

"Well, I am glad you are working from home. This definitely makes it way easier for the adaptation after birth, you will be such a good mother" Blanca's words are emotional but Sofia just looks at her and smiles.

"Don't make me cry, don't even go there. This is a happy day" Sofia says as she looked up while trying to hold the tears back.

"I'm sorry! Don't cry, I am trying not to cry too" Blanca says as she lets out a nervous laugh.

"If you cry, I will cry too. Again" Ana says as she tries to dry the tears in her eyes by waving her hands.

"You can all cry from happiness, the day will be happy either way. Our family is growing, this could never be tainted by some tears from the birthday girl and the baby girl she is carrying" My dad says as he lifts up from his chair and hugs Sofia. "You are the best mom I could ask for my grandchildren" He whispers and that opened up the cry from Sofia's side. I could only smile proudly.