𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 14

♫ Grab my hand, I'm drowning
I feel my heart pounding
Why haven't you found me yet? ♫

Sofia Morales POV

I knew that by revealing what happened I would be opening a can of worms. I went to my doctor and she recommended that I stay home for the week. She didn't think it would be a good idea to face them. I wasn't going to show up either way. I don't want their pity or stupid apologies. I want to be left alone. I signed everything, they need to leave me alone.

2 days have gone by and I hear my doorbell ringing. I was scared it could be Miguel so I looked into the camera and I saw Ana. As much as I resent them I can't do it with her. Yes, she pretended I didn't exist. Yes, she believed everything. But I never got a single text from her besides asking me to come home and ask if that was really true. She never insulted me and never hated me. I love this girl.

"I'm sorry. Can we please talk?" She asks when I open the door. Her eyes were puffy and red, she had been crying. He told them like I thought he would.

"Come in" I step aside and see her heading inside while looking around. She sits on the couch and I sit in front of her.

"I couldn't even sleep. Carlos told everyone and everyone has been just existing I guess. I am going to sound stupid but it seemed like it was easier for us to believe that you cheated. Knowing that you got hurt in such a cruel way and this was how everyone reacted is a big blow in everyone's mentality" She starts saying and her voice was cutting in some parts, she is going to cry again.

"The past is exactly that. No amount of crying or guilt will change the actions that were taken. I would appreciate it if you could keep me out of your lifes. We have nothing connecting us anymore" I say trying to remain indifferent.

"Carlos, my dad, Edgar, and Ricardo are planning revenge against the López. Miguel will never hurt you again. We will all make sure of it. He will suffer for what he made you go through" She says confidently and I let out a laugh.

"Just tell me something. Carlos is not stupid. Did he go digging through my medical records?" I ask fearful. He didn't need to know the details.

"He did. But he didn't tell us what he found. He just said that he would only stop once Miguel was dead by his feet. He said you are the only one who has the right to talk about it" She says nervously and I nod.

What a hypocrite. I am the only one who could talk about it but he paid some doctor to read through all of it.

"I wish you all the best but I want my distance from every single one of you. I have nothing connecting me to the Sainz and I have been disowned by the Morales. It's officially over, do whatever you all have to do to ease your guilt. Your pride will never recover from this though" I say bitterly. I wish I could just hate them. I wish they weren't the people I called family my whole life.

"Please. I am so sorry. Please, just tell me you are alright. Tell me you had no further injury. You talked about the doctor. Did you go to the hospital? Were you taken care of? Did you have psychological help with that?" Her voice just showed worry. She wasn't here for pity or forgiveness. She blamed herself. Oh, Ana. Don't do that cariño.

"I survived, I am okay now. I went through it all like it was supposed to. I still visit my therapist regularly. You don't need to worry about that. That's in the past" I try to comfort her without hugging her. I knew this would end them, I never thought about the specifics of what it would do to them individually.

"I know I might be pushing my luck just by being allowed here but. Could you call me if Miguel appears here? Carlos said he would take care of it, Miguel shouldn't be that close to you. Did he try to do it again under some stupid threat?" She asks fearing the answer.

"We both know no one wants to know the answer. I have been alone for the past 5 years. I will be fine by myself. Enjoy the holidays Ana. There is no need for so much sadness over the past. I got over it, you will too" I say confidently and she nods.

"Edgar. He- He went drinking and he got into a fight the night we found out. He is not doing that good. If he shows up here late at night just call someone, and we will get him. He has been using that as his self-harm or self-destruction. He is not handling it well" She says as she got up from the couch.

"Thank you for warning me" I say and she smiles.

"I am really sorry. We should've known better. No one will bother you but we will be here for you if you need us. The holidays will be at my parents' house" She opened the door as she said it and I nodded.

"Don't expect my presence there" I say coldly and she looks down.

"I love you. We love you. We did this to ourselves but we will try to make it right. Whatever you need just tell us. The documents you signed were destroyed, and the shares that were given to you on your 18th birthday are still yours" She closes the door and I let my body fall on the couch.

Ana is the most cheerful person I've ever known and she showed up here with puffy and red eyes. My brother is the person with the most self-control I've seen, nobody could see him making a mistake but he is now getting drunk and getting into fights. This is really what will ruin them. Jesus Christ. What will this cause if they find out everything?

Carlos knows everything now. Does he know about the baby? Will he blame me for that? Do I care if he does? If he tells them I don't know if they could look at themselves in the mirror.