𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 15

♫ I hold you so proudly
Traumas, they surround me
I wish you'd just love me back ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

I couldn't even sleep properly, nobody could. My mind was racing. If Miguel hadn't done that I would still be with the love of my life. I would have a kid with her. I would be married and I would be happy. He ruined it. He will pay for every pain he caused her. For every second he spent inside of her. For every threat. I don't even care if I am caught in the fire. I will burn him alive.

I hired a team to surveillance Sofia's house. She was not safe with him roaming around. He will know I am digging everything I can on his family, people are being bribed and bought out. But people have a tendency to find things so he could find out and try to use Sofia as a toy to play against me. That won't happen.

Wednesday night I get a call at 2 AM. He was there, he rang her doorbell a lot of times, he yelled and he proceeded to kick her car. I got there and he was angrily shouting threats. He saw me and he was pale.

"Carlos. What are you doing here hermano? Are you two back together? 2 AM is an odd hour to visit a cheating ex" The mockery in his voice was my breaking point.

"I tend to show up when a rapist is outside a woman's house drunk" I say firmly and he almost falls back from shock.

"What did that whore tell you? She offered herself to me, you saw the video. Don't be stupid now" He tries to defend himself but his face showed me his fear.

"Don't speak about her again. I don't even want to hear her name in your fucking mouth. You will die for what you did. I don't do false threats. I will destroy you and everyone you loved. I knew you hated me but raping my wife and trying to kill her? That is going too far" I say getting closer to him, he kept taking steps back and I just wanted to laugh at how much of a coward he is.

"Your wife? She was your girlfriend, that is more suitable. I don't fucking care. I loved every single moment I spent inside that tight pussy of hers. It was heavenly. Turn your back and I will do the same once again and as many times as I can. You should've defended what was yours if you gave her that much value" He says with such anger that made me laugh of fury.

"I will destroy you and I will find it very fulfilling. Touch her and I think you would wish you never touched her 5 years ago. You fucking idiot. Get him out of here" I say to the security guards and they nod.

"What the fuck is happening here?" I hear her voice, I look to my left and there she was. A rope tightly held by her arms around her waist, the door of the building open and a very angry Sofia.

"I was just making sure he would stop making such a show here" I say fully turning my body to look at her. Lo siento mi amor. That is all that crossed my mind.

"You put someone watching me?" She asks looking at the two black bulletproof SUV's parked on the street.

"I did. I am not taking risks of people using you as payback against me. Get used to it" I say calmly and she sarcastically laughs in my face.

"Fuck off Carlos. Have a nice Christmas and take your team out of here. I've been doing just fine without your protection. Take your arrogance elsewhere" She says angrily and I clear my throat.

"I am sorry if I sounded harsh. This is for your safety, I don't want him touching you again. I am doing my best to bring him down legally, he will use you to get to me, we both know it" I say dropping any excuse I could give. I looked into her eyes and she maintained eye contact.

"Have a nice Christmas and New Year. The security guys are here, you don't need to show up here too. Stop trying to show off. He already knows you are out to get him. Keep out of here from now on" She was mad and she prepared to close the door.

"I read everything. I know I invaded your privacy. I knew you wouldn't tell me. I deserved to know. I was already blaming myself enough, I just needed to know the extent of everything. I- I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you felt, I could never know what you felt but I am sorry it happened" I broke eye contact and I looked at the floor as soon as my voice broke. The tears were already flooding my eyes.

"Carlos. He is the one at fault. I don't care about apologies, just get your revenge and be done with it. That's the only thing that could give me some happiness after everything that went down" Her tone was calmer and I nodded.

"I will get that done. You are no longer blacklisted in other companies. I will serve as a reference, apply to other companies, and give them my number. I will vouch for you. I understand you need us the further away as you can. If you want to tell me anything you know how to reach me and if I can help you don't doubt it" I say looking at her and our eyes lock once again.

"I actually like my job, I would like to keep doing it. We will see each other in 2022, don't worry about it for now"

"We will be at my parents' house if you decide to show up for any reason. It's never the same without you. We owe you a big apology" I say honestly and a contemptuous smile appears on her face.

"I got the invite already but thank you. I don't think I am that good at pretending the big happy family thing. I wish you the best though" She says spitefully and I nod.

"I will see you next year then. Take care Sofia" I say while she closed the door.

And it was exactly like that.