𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 40

♫ On days when it feels like the whole world might cave in
Stand side by side and you'll make it ♫

Sofia Morales POV

Being pregnant was a challenge, being pregnant with the heir to the Sainz fortune, is another challenge in itself. Christmas is close and there is a charity gala today, we were invited but the thing is no one has found out I'm pregnant yet, this is how it will be announced because I don't really care.

The charity is for the hospital, to which both of our families are huge donors, the biggest ones. I am 5 months pregnant so it's noticeable by now so I am not going to try to hide it, it's not worth it. So here I am, wondering if this is the right choice but I don't seem to care as much as I should. Rumors will be there but Carlos will be there too.

 "You look gorgeous" Carlos says once I head downstairs and I smile as I meet him at the door

"Thank you! You don't look too bad yourself. Ready to let everyone know you are out of the market?" I ask teasingly as he opens the door and we go outside.

"I was never in the market mi amor" He says as he kisses the top of my head.

The limousine was waiting for us and we got inside, once we got to the place where the gala was in I saw the driver opening the door for us, Carlos left and made sure to help me get out. The flashes went crazy as soon as I stood next to Carlos, questions were made, and no answer was given. We arrived at the top of the stairs where both families waited, we took the pictures and went inside.

"You are stunning, look at how perfect your belly is" My mom says as she proudly looks at my belly.

"Well, I think everyone has established that I am getting bigger as every week goes by. Everyone is obviously whispering about it" I say as I look around, everyone was trying to be discreet and I felt Carlos getting closer. He held my hand and intertwined them.

"You look as perfect as always, that's why they are whispering about it" He whispers as he leans down to kiss my cheek.

"Or because I'm carrying your kid, one of those is the reason why" I whisper back.

We went to our table which was right in front of the stage, we sat down and I felt relieved, being up for long periods of time is not the most comfortable thing now. Our baby girl is already weighting me down. I was there with Ana and Blanca while the rest just greeted people across multiple places of the room.

"Sofia?" I hear a doubtful familiar voice and looked back to see Claudia Navarro coming in our direction.

"Hey, you are here too" I say surprisedly, her family was never in this many social gatherings and charity galas. This was not a pleasant surprise though, I know Carlos is her target and I don't like it.

"I am! You are obviously pregnant! How far along are you?" She asks excitedly and I try not to roll my eyes.

"5 months, we are adjusting to it nicely" I say as I give her a smile, a fake one but a smile. I can be civil.

"That is so exciting, that child will be absolutely stunning and also very lucky. Where is Carlos?" She was curious and I shrugged.

"He is greeting people, I am too tired to spend more than 15 minutes standing up in high heels" I am nonchalant about it and I know she is jealous inside because she was not being very convincing. Her smile was shaking and her hand was closed in a fist.

"Well, have a good night, I will come back to my father's side. It's good to see you" She says before heading off.

"She really was focused on Carlos once she finally saw him" Ana says with a clear distaste in her face and I laugh.

"Don't worry about it, he won't care about it" I am calm and secure, she is of no threat to me.

Carlos saw her going in his direction with her dad and managed to not talk to her, he sat by my side and smiled at me, a smile so genuine that every worry I had was gone. I didn't even know what I was going to say because my mind went blank.

"She really is something else, can't she let me be?" Carlos asks almost outraged by the failed attempt and I laugh.

"Don't you like the attention? She just finds you attractive, it's hard not to" I say as I see our parents coming to the table, the time to eat was close and I love that.

"I like your attention, she just wants what's yours" He says before our parents can hear. Ana and Blanca just laughed.

The food was brought and we started eating our meal, some facts and pieces of information about the hospital played on the stage and some were interesting enough to catch attention, that's a smart move honestly.

We talked about a lot of stuff while we ate, it was like we were at a family dinner, my brother even commented on a girl he met a few nights ago, a complete lunatic who tried to follow him to his apartment, he stayed in a hotel room to make sure she didn't find out where he lived.