𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 25

♪ Then all of a sudden, you're sick to your stomach
Is that still true? ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

The day has come when I hold the majority of the stock in the López company. It took months, a lot of money, and a lot of favors and resources. I don't regret a single thing. The López owns 45% of the company and with the paper I just signed, I own 47%, I would go for the 55% but I already have their blessing to take over the company under López's arms.

A board meeting was asked to see who would take over the company. And here we are. Miguel, his mom, and his dad are on one side, me and Sofia are on the other, and so are our families. And the other 3 shareholders who have the remaining 8%.

"Carlos, you don't need to do this. I will publicly apologize to you publically. My family fought hard to keep this company alive" Miguel says nervously even before we could talk.

"Why are you talking to me? It's not me you have to apologize to" I say with a smug smile and I look at Sofia by my right.

"You are doing this for your own ego. You don't give a shit about her. You don't want her back. Would you want a damaged good? No. And you don't want a damaged woman, save yourself this humiliation. Sell us everything you bought and we can forget this" His dad spoke and I felt the anger in my throat.

"You won't speak about my daughter like that, you piece of shit. Your son is damaged in his fucking head, he is sick and so are you" Ricardo was fuming and I got it.

"Respect my wife or I will burn everything your past generations tried so hard to build. Your son's actions will kill all of those efforts and it won't even put a dent on my bank statement" My tone was harsh but I was being truthful.

"I am not damaged. I was injured and I was weakened because your son couldn't have me if it meant me accepting it. I would never want your son of my own free will. If I am damaged, your son would be more than glad to take me under his wing, to call me his wife, and to make me a baby. I have seen him begging, I have seen him on his knees, almost crawling for my love. The only way he achieved something in his twisted little mind was by forcing himself on me. I will always stand by my choice to reject him but I will never stand by the moment I was violated by such a weak individual" 

Sofia's words must've been enough because as soon as Miguel looked at her he looked like a lost puppy. He is crazy for her, I could see it in his eyes. He was violent the few times I saw them but apparently, he is weaker than I thought. But, I now remember that every time he was violent he was drunk, and he isn't right now. He needed to be drunk to be able to hurt her, he is obsessed.

"Sofia. Mi amor, you know I would've never made you go through what they did. I sent you flowers, I paid for you to have the best room in the hospital and the best possible care. I sent you a new car. I tried everything. He didn't care, he turned his back on you. Seeing you with him makes me crazy. Just tell me you aren't with him, please. Keep the company, just tell me you aren't with him and that's enough for me" He is begging her, he is almost crying and she is looking at him with complete disregard and disgust.

"Stop calling me that! Stop it! Forget about me once and for all. You know damn well that I went through all of this because of you. I could've been married, I could be a mother by now. You ruined it. You almost killed me, I can't even go for a walk without feeling unsafe" She bursts out in anger and he leans back on his chair with glassy eyes.

"If I hadn't done that you wouldn't know how quick they are in leaving you behind" He tries to defend himself but it was in vain.

"I want him out. Take the company from him, please" Sofia whispers while turning to face me and I nod.

"We are here to vote on firing the current CEO. Those in favor please raise your hands" I say watching as the 3 raise their hands and Miguel shakes his head in desperation.

"Those in favor for me as the new CEO please raise your hands" I say and once again they stay silent.

"You can't do this" Miguel says still in denial.

"I just did" I say giving him a smile. "I am also able to buy your 45% of the company if you wish. I will change this to be one of our offices so we will change the name of the company obviously" I say calmly as I got up.

"Sofia, please. Are you with him?" Miguel tries to stand in front of her but I stepped in, her father stood by her left side and her brother by her left.

"I am with him so don't bother wasting your breath. You would be dead if it was up to me, there is no point in begging, I won't fall for it" She says coldly as she reaches for my hand.

"Carlos" His father says and both me and my dad turn to look at him. "We will sell you our shares. I will schedule a day with your assistant" 

"You finally decided to be smart" My dad says and we leave.

"So, the López name won't be in anything from now on. This is more than I hoped for" Ana says surprisedly as we walked to our cars.

"I didn't want to cause everyone to be fired because of Miguel so this was the best next option" I say as I took my car keys out of my pocket while my other hand still held Sofia's hand.

"This is pretty strong, this is all you've planned, right?" Blanca asks and I shake as I open the car door for Sofia to get in, which she does.

"This is just the beginning" I say as I circled the car to get in. I saw her worried expression before I got in but I ignored it, this is not even enough.