𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 6

♪ Please don't keep me hauntеd by your ghost
When you leave mе, all I hear is your echo ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

We were at the top of the stairs taking pictures when she arrived. She was gorgeous as always, red was our color and she always killed it in red. I looked away and took the pictures. We entered the hall and I saw her looking for her place with a glass of champagne in her hand. I made sure Human Resources were close to our table. I wanted her to regret it, I'm petty, don't blame me.

"She is gorgeous" Ana says by my side while watching her as she talked with her colleagues.

"Yeah, she always looked good at these parties" I say with some bitterness in my own words.

"I'm sorry, you deserved better" She says and I smile.

"I know, nobody deserves to go through that" I say and dinner time arrives so we go to our table.

"Looking fine as always" Ricardo, her dad, says as we greeted them.

"I can say the same about you" I say giving him a smile and all of us sit down. It was just the 8 of us at the main table so it was easier.

"We tried to go to her apartment and tell her not to come. I'm sorry" Edgar says disappointed but I let out a laugh.

"It's fine, I told her she should come to show there is no bad blood. We have to put this behind us" I say and they are surprised.

Food starts being served and something didn't feel right. I see Sofia leaving for the bathroom and after a few minutes Amelia passes by too, followed by Juan.

"Something is not right" I say with a bad feeling.

"What do you mean?" Blanca asks confusedly.

"Oh. No! She is allergic to soy, this has soy, I can taste it" Ana says and I think I get into a complete panic.

"I'm going there, stay here" Her mom says leaving but I follow her and see Amelia trying to perform CPR on Sofia and Juan calling an ambulance.

"Hang up" I say picking up Sofia's purse from the floor, I find her EpiPen, lift her skirt a little, and use it. "Has she been passed out for long?" I ask worriedly.

"A minute or two, she was having difficulty breathing when I got here, and then she passed out, I didn't know she was allergic to something" Amelia says and I nod. I pick up her head from the floor and help her sit down. She starts waking up and I saw how lost she was.

"Baby, are you okay?" Her mom asks worriedly and almost crying.

"I- Shit. I am fine. I'm sorry, I didn't know it had soy" She says trying to get up and I held her waist so she wouldn't fall.

"You can leave, her mother is here" I say and Juan and Amelia leave.

"You can leave too. I'm fine" She says trying to push my hand off so I nod and take it off.

"We will get something for you to eat. Go to the table, call us if you feel bad, you should be seen by a doctor, the effects can come back and you can't use it again now" Elena says but Sofia shakes her head.

"They never come back in my case, I'm fine. I will eat dessert. Thank you for the help" She says leaving the bathroom.

"Why is she so stubborn if she was the one that hurt you? I can't understand her thinking" Elena says disappointed and we leave for our table.

"Was it an allergic reaction?" Ricardo asks and her mom nods.

"Yeah but she still has all the reason in the world" Elena says annoyed.

Hours went by and my dad made his speech and I did mine. I went to the upper floor to relax and I see Sofia was already there. She was on one of the balconies while watching the outside.

"Why do you make it seem like you are the one who was cheated on? You run from me like I am the one who slept around" I say and she turns around startled.

"I didn't hear you coming. I'm going back down" She says but I block the window.

"Answer me" I saw and she wasn't even looking at me, the only time she did look at me was when she thought she was going to be transferred.

"We have nothing to talk about. I cheated on you, yes I did. You have the video. What more do you want? Do you want to know for how long and where and how many times?" She says finally locking her eyes on mine.

"I would like to know, yes" I say and she wasn't expecting it.

"For fuck sake, that won't change a thing" She says trying to push me.

"It will, I didn't even think it was a regular thing, now I'm interested" I say crossing my arms and she laughs. I am going to regret this.

"Fuck off. Let me leave"

"Look me in the eyes, I will let you leave after you hear what I have to say" I say and our eyes meet once again.

"Go ahead" She says crossing her arms, I get closer to her until she was between me and falling off the balcony.

"I hope he fucks you as bad as he runs his business. I hope you regret what you've done every day of your life because you will never find anyone who will love you as much as I did. I hope that you will never be able to have an orgasm because of the shit choices you made. I really hope to one day see you begging to have me back" I say inches away from her face, she swallowed nervously and nodded.

"Are you done?" She asks with a faded smile and I nod.

"I am. I just can't deal with you acting like the victim when I was the one whose world turned upside down from one minute to the other" I say leaving the upper floor and going down.

A daughter from one of the board members came to talk to me and I made it seem like I was having the time of my life. I knew she was watching and that was the point. I will make her regret the person she turned me into.