𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 19

♫ Woke up at the bottom of my bed, the bottom, baby
Went through hell and back for you and this how you repay me? ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

The night of the charity event has come. The richest of the richest were there and every single one of them was waiting for us because in Spain we are the richest and we also made the biggest donation of the night. I know Sofia is coming, I hired a designer to make her an exclusive dress. I only know the color she is wearing because I wanted us to be matching. Red was her chosen color so my tie was exactly the same color.

I saw a few women arriving and I saw the most extravagant dresses, some were definitely too much, almost the size of wedding dresses, stupid. Others were too little, showing too much for such a high-class event. Their limousine finally arrived so both families left the cars simultaneously. I looked at Sofia and I knew that less is more. She was gorgeous and elegant. The designer definitely didn't fool me on the color.

We went to the top of the stairs and the normal order was established

We went to the top of the stairs and the normal order was established. Me and Sofia, our parents by each of our sides, my sisters in front of them in the lower step, and Edgar in the middle of theirs. Everyone was clearly watching us as we entered the door. An hour went by and we were splattered around the room. I saw Sofia with some women our age and I decided this was the best moment to approach her.

"It must be awkward being here with your ex-fiancé. Look at what you lost" The blonde one said and the brunette laughed.

"Is it true that you cheated on him? That is so unfortunate" The brunette teases.

"Mi vida. Do you need something?" I ask pretending to not have heard it and the three of them face me. Sofia was confused but she quickly realised that I had heard.

"I'm fine mi tesoro" She calls me her treasure and I could very well fall on my knees for this woman, even with all these people watching.

"We should go. Thank you for keeping her company" I offer Sofia my arm and she puts her arm through it as we walked away.

"That was unnecessary. I was doing just fine" She whispers as people watched.

"I liked it a little too much. For everyone in here you are here with me, act like it. You did it before, you can do it now" I whisper before kissing her cheek and smiling at some of the people who looked at us.

"I will stay here with my brother. I will see you when they call us for dinner" She says as Edgar was approaching us and I nod.

"Maybe in 15 minutes we will be called. I will see you then" I say heading to where Ana and Blanca were.

"You still love her" Blanca says as soon as I was close enough and I look around before nodding.

"I never said I didn't love her anymore. She is my first love, I never stopped loving her. It was like hell learning how to live without her. We both left our parents' home to live together at 20 and I hated living alone. I got on a plane to come back too many times. I almost called her more times than I am proud to say. I know we don't have a chance anymore. I blew it" I say turned to look at her as she was laughing with Edgar.

"You will always have a chance. It's you and Sofia, you are meant to be" Ana says putting her hand in my shoulder and I nod.

We were called to the tables. I looked at ours, the closest to the stage, I saw both families were there, except Sofia. I looked at her, she was confused and the organizer came in our direction with a smile.

"What is this? Why isn't Sofia's name here? Is this a joke?" My dad asks angrily. A woman was in the free space that was meant to be for Sofia. She must be someone's daughter.

"Oh, we knew that she was back in contact with her parents but seeing that she is the ex of your son we decided it would be best to put a bit of distance and avoid awkward situations" He says nervously. Yeah, my dad is normally the nicest one in the room but everyone has been a bit overprotective of Sofia. I can't blame them.

"I want her here or we will have to leave. She is family, she is not sitting alone" My dad voice was assertive and the man was sweating.

"Of course. I will take care of it. I am so sorry" He says turning around. He talked to the woman who looked at us and smiled. She came in my direction and my dad sat down.

"Hello! I am Claudia Navarro. I heard about the seating problem. I am sorry" She says politely and I nod.

"I am sorry for the bother. I hope you have a nice evening Claudia" I say keeping my distance but giving her a friendly smile.

"I hear a lot about you Carlos Sainz Jr. I was hoping we could maybe talk one of these days. I was in the US too but we never collided. We have a lot in common, it would be interesting" Her voice showed interested and her eyes showed how much she wanted me. She was scared to look me in the eyes but confident enough to try.

"I'm sorry. I am not really looking for anything. I am very content with how my life is right now. But it was nice to meet you" I try to decline her politely but she just smiled.

"Mi tesoro. I was looking for you. Can you help me with something?" I hear Sofia's voice as she headed in our direction and I instantly smile.

"Of course mi amor" I say as she got closer and she smiled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a thing again" Claudia says regretful.

"Claudia. How have you been?" Sofia asks giving her a smile and she smiles back.

"I'm doing great. Not better than you honestly. I love the dress. Those earrings are gorgeous" She says looking her up and down and Sofia smile widens.

"Carlos has an awesome taste in jewelry. We should sit down, I will see you around" She says putting her hand on my arm and I look down at her and smile. She looks like a goddess tonight.