𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 29

♪ Breakin' dishes when you're disappointed
I still love you, I promise ♪

Carlos Sainz POV

I knew how far I would go to make Sofia happy and less stressed. Yes, I worked 10-hour days or more to make sure everything was advanced for when she got back. I also made sure to have some from another of our branches.

Someone from Madrid could cover the first two weeks of August and someone from Bilbao would cover the two later weeks. I would pay for transportation, accommodations, and a little extra pay for the bother.

So the day came and we all met to spend a few days on the yacht, the one I've avoided for 6 years now. Everyone got in and me and Sofia stood there looking at it.

"This is very bittersweet" It came out of her mouth almost as a whisper and I nodded.

"Time to face it. I don't regret what I've done here, I would propose to you all over aga. Do you want to go somewhere else? They are the ones who made the itinerary for the first two weeks. I had no idea" I say nervously until she puts her hand in mine.

"Let's face it. I only have good memories here" She says as she pulls me in to enter the yacht, which I do.

"So, we have 6 rooms. 2 rooms for parents, who will share a room between you 5?" Ricardo asks as he looked at me and his daughter who just shrugged.

"Well, we can share. I don't care" Sofia says not giving it a thought and they seem surprised, Ana just smirked and nodded. She had seen Sofia at my house months ago and I think she has an idea that something is going on.

"I will take our luggage to the room" I say calmly and I took hers first and then mine.

Being with family was great, we had lunch at a restaurant nearby, we were hungry from coming to the marina, it took a few hours to get here by driving. The environment was good. We arrived at the yacht and we took our shirts off, girls changed to their bikinis and moms went with their swimsuits.

"Thank you for arranging for her to come, I know it was difficult" Edgar says and I nod. We were on the higher level while my dad controlled the yacht and the women were downstairs having fun.

"It was worth it, I will do it every year if I have to and I hope that nobody talks about favoritism because I could never make up for what I did but I sure as well would give her any time off she wants to have fun and to regain some lost time. I owe it to her" I say as I watched them laugh.

"You still love her, how is that going?" My dad asks curiously and I shrug.

"I don't know how this is going honestly but better than I ever expected it to be after all that has been unveiled. I do love that woman with my whole being" I say as my eyes were fixated on her. She was gorgeous.

"You will get there slowly, what matters is that you are happy. That's all we want" Ricardo says as he also watched her.

We stopped the yacht when it was time to eat. We finally got to Mallorca as dinner time arrived and we left to eat somewhere close by. I was going ahead with Edgar to make way for the ladies and our dads went behind them. They were nicely protected. I come back from talking to the hostess about a table and I hear Sofia's voice.

"No. Gracias. My boyfriend is right there" She says pointing at me as a guy was obviously hitting up on her.

"Que pasa, chico? (What's up, boy?" I ask with a somewhat challenging tone.

"Perdona (Excuse me). I didn't know she was taken man" He says nervously and I nod giving him a fake smile as he left.

"Thank you" She says as she touches my arm and kisses my cheek.

"No problem mi vida" I answer calmly and everyone smiled.

"Both Carlos Sainz at my restaurant, what do I owe the pleasure?" A woman asks us and I will assume she is the owner.

"We are staying a few days in Mallorca and happened to stop by to eat. My wife loved the decoration" Dad says proudly as he held my mom's hand.

"I got you a table upstairs, it's our private room and it was luckily free. It has a beautiful view of the sea" She says happily but I noticed her eyes were on me.

"Are you the owner?" Edgar asks clearly interested and I hear a muffled laugh from Sofia.

"I am the daughter. My parents started it and I am here once in a while" She says as she starts heading inside and we follow her.

"This is an awesome view" Sofia says as she was mesmerized by the view and it was gorgeous.

"This is gorgeous" Blanca says joining Sofia.

We sat around the table and I sat by Sofia's side, which still didn't stop the daughter of the owner from giving me looks, brushing against me, or making some comments Sofia was too busy to notice apparently.

"So, how was dinner? Was it up to your standards?" She asks as her stop on me.

"We loved it. If the wedding was here I would definitely try to hire you for the food" Sofia's face told me all. She was aware of it all along. She just wanted the perfect excuse to step in and she had it now.

"Oh, who is the happy couple?" She asks nervously.

"Carlos and I. I don't wear the ring while on vacation because it attracts attention" Her voice gave an indifferent tone but she was enjoying it.

"Oh, congratulations. I don't know how I missed that" She was obviously embarrassed and I watched as everyone just stared at each other with a smirk. They were loving it. I think I am going to love this month.