𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 41

♫ Kiss her with passion
As much as you can ♫

Carlos Sainz POV

I knew everyone was just murmuring and trying to understand what the pregnancy meant for both families. There was a speech from the director of the hospital and soon after I was called to make a speech.

"I hope everyone is having a good night. As you might know, I am Carlos Sainz. My family has been a huge supporter of the public and private sectors, health matters to all. We've donated to various researchers who've helped people with serious illnesses. Today I will make a donation for the maternity ward and the pediatric ward of some hospital, this one included."

I announce as everyone claps and Sofia just smiles. Our family was proud and I was proud of my decision.

"As most of you have noticed, Sofia Morales and I are having our first child. Feeling this love for a human being that I can't even touch is something unexplainable and I wish that the birth goes smoothly and our baby girl is born healthy. But I also have that wish for every mom and dad going through this phase, and that is why I decided to make this donation to some hospitals of my private choice. To this specific hospital, I will donate half a million euros to both wards and I hope it can make a difference to future parents. I wish you all a good night once again and I appreciate the effort of every member of the hospital for their good work in such tough times."

"That was a good gesture" Sofia says once I sit down by her side and I smile.

"Being a dad is softening me." I jokingly say as I hug her.

Edgar made the speech in the representation of the Morales. Both of our parents wanted nothing to do with those things now that they retired from the CEO position.

"You sounded like a grown-up. How does it feel to behave like an adult outside of work?" Sofia asked as her brother sat down and everyone laughed.

"I don't really like it, but this is work too, I have to look and sound like dad" He says clearly unpleased by the situation and she laughs.

"Thank god I saved myself from that" She says proudly as she looks at Ana and Blanca who nods pleased with their life choices.

"Oh, you are in for way worse. I work for your man. You are his wife, you need to keep the adult posture all the damn time" Edgar says with a victorious smile and her smile drops.

"Your sister was always more adult than you. Remember when she got into my office and started pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes on the paperwork at 10 years old?" Ricardo asks as Sofia laughs.

"I was a smart kid, you can't complain about that. It was your fault, you took me to work on school breaks and I was bored to be there all day" She says as she pouts and he nods.

"You had Carlos there, you were hardly bored" Elena says as her daughter shakes her head.

"I was in my preteen years, I didn't want to spend them with a guy also in his preteen years" She defends herself.

"You two started dating in your late teenage years, I think that went just fine for both. You loved spending time together, never have I seen two kids help each other out so well" Elena says as she gives me a smile.

"We were good company for each other. I don't regret a single minute by her side, we were unstoppable together" I say proudly. We would study together and she explained everything better than my teachers ever did, she helped me keep up with her and we achieved the best grades in the school.

"You two are still a great team. That kid will be lucky" Ana says happily and I nod.

"She is lucky, her mom is smart as fuck" I say proudly and Sofia hits my arm.

"You are a CEO, you are not dumb Carlos. You survived a business degree. She will have everything. Intelligence, good looks, money and a good family who loves her to the moon and back. This kid will be just fine" Sofia says as she kisses my cheek.

"You said it all, right there" My mom says proudly as she looks at both of us with a huge smile.

The rest of the night could've been better. Every 5 minutes we were both congratulated for the pregnancy and our parents spent the whole night talking about how happy they were to be grandparents in a few months. I couldn't blame them for being proud. I talked to Edgar as Sofia was talking to Blanca and Ana.

It's like family night but with someone interrupting us every 5 minutes since dinner ended and the speeches are made. We went home around midnight and had a good night after a warm bath and some foot massage for her swollen foot. Worth it.

We were having breakfast the next morning when we heard our doorbell ringing, it was Saturday, and we had no one scheduled to be there.

"I am going to the door" She says as she gets up and I shrug.

"I am going upstairs to go get our phones, they must be charged by now. Maybe we forgot something yesterday and they called us" I say as I kiss her cheek, she smiles and gives me a peck on the lips before I go upstairs.

I came down to find two police officers standing in our doorway and I stopped in my tracks, what the fuck is happening?

"Is everything okay?" I askas I see none of our phones had any calls. Sofia turns around with tears in hereyes and my heart breaks as I rush to hug her. "Can someone tell me what'shappening?"