𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 9

♪ Your echo
In my head, In my heart
In my body, In my mind
It echoes ♪

Sofia Morales POV

I felt like I was going crazy. The sexual attraction was too much, I felt the same on that damn balcony. I never thought he would say this. I tried to work and then Juan reminded me we had a meeting, I am going to see him again and I'm not ready. I don't even know how I didn't fold as soon as his lips were so close to me. What a nightmare. And the video of us fucking wasn't helping.

"He is so good looking, I don't know how you are a family friend and never had a crush on him" Amelia says when she saw him and the clients get into the restaurant we were having lunch at.

"He is something else" I say keeping it ambiguous in case she finds the articles about my very known romance with him.

"You two would be such a hot couple, people were going crazy about you two going with red for the party" She says excitedly, people were not going crazy just because of that girl.

"Let's keep it real. We would never be a couple" I say and that was true, he would never be in a relationship with me again and it's understandable.

Lunch went smoothly and the rest of my day was also pretty calm. I got to my car and when I was opening it I feel someone turning me around and I am between the car and the person. I closed my eyes because I was scared it was Miguel, he shouldn't even be here but he had his ways. I knew he did.

"You are looking hot today" He says with a smirk and I wanted to punch him so badly.

"Let me go. You can't be here" I demand trying to look around but he holds my face so I would only look at him.

"Did you get the video I sent you? You and your sweet Carlos fucking?" He asks satisfied and I nod.

"There is no way to prove that the man in the video is Carlos. You can't blackmail me with that" I say clearly pissed off.

"I can tell Carlos what happened 5 years ago, every little detail. Do you think that will end well? You will be jobless and you will have to use that little body because I don't care about your human resources skills"

"I have given you all I could. Just leave before someone sees you" I plead while he shook his head. If Carlos or someone saw him here I think I will be fired.

"You look too fucking good for me to just leave. Give me what I want when I want or I will have a sweet little talk with everyone you care about" He says and kisses me. I felt like throwing up. I was motionless, I felt dead inside, every time he touched me I wanted to just die. I felt used, dirty, and worthless.

"Please, don't do this" I beg and I feel his hand touching my skirt.

"Man, you can't be here. I will have to call the cops if you keep barging in" A security guard says making him finally let me go.

"I am here for my girlfriend, I am sorry, I was not thinking clearly" He says loudly. "I will see you at your apartment" He whispers and I get in the car. I wouldn't get there faster than him so I can't go home now.

"Are you okay Sofia?" The security asks and I nod nervously while rolling my window down.

"I am, thank you for making him leave"

"Mister Sainz asked us and told me we should be more careful because he was recently spotted at the front door. I'm sorry if the man bothered you, we are understaffed" He says worriedly and I nod.

"Don't worry about it. I am fine now. The chief of the department should talk to Mister Sainz, they value security and I think he would care to know that you are understaffed"

"They have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. Have a nice night Sofia" He says while heading off.

"I told you not to bring your boy toy around here. You are crossing a line" I hear Carlos's voice and I get out of my thoughts.

"I didn't bring him around, he just got in. You should have better security, I can't stop him from being stupid"

"Take control of him or I will. He is becoming my problem and I don't like problems, I have enough of those and I hope you won't create even more" He says while turning around.

"Why don't you fuck off?" I say angrily while starting my car.

"What did you say?" He asks with rage in his eyes.

"Fuck off. Yeah, I said that. What fucking problems do you have uh?" I ask angrily.

"You, for once. You are the biggest problem I have right now. And the other ones I won't even mention because you don't have a right to know them. So fuck off and don't come into my sight again" The anger in his voice made me shake, he never raised his voice at me so this is new.

"I am not a problem. I haven't done anything to be considered one. You should get out of your fucking pedestal if you think I am a problem. You all have always only cared about yourselves and your image. I am not perfect but neither are any of you" I say before driving off.

I said more than I should've. It's not their fault. I know it. I just started resenting them for how they made me feel. They loved me, I always knew it and I always felt it. But I was scared of showing a weaker side because I know they would judge me, and I think Carlos would too. So I always thought me cheating on Carlos was the best option. I didn't have to be weak and they could be happy, thinking that was the only time I failed.