𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 34

♫ Take it
If she gives you her heart
Don't you break it ♫

Sofia Morales POV

I knew something was off. I did a pregnancy test as soon as I arrived in the room, I couldn't do it in Mallorca. The moment I saw the positive result I threw my phone at the wall, which apparently alerted people that something was wrong. That was fucking stupid. After crying and sleeping I am now gathering the courage to tell Carlos.

"During these days I started feeling as I felt 6 years ago and it scared me" I say nervously.

"I love you even more than I loved you 6 years ago, it's normal to be scared by such strong emotions" He tries to comfort me and I try not to laugh.

"It's not only that. I mean physically. My feelings don't scare me, their consequences do" I explain calmly and he seemed confused.

"Are you feeling sick? I didn't know you felt sick 6 years ago" He says worriedly.

"I am feeling like I have pregnancy syntoms, the same ones I ignored 6 years ago" I blurt out and his worry stays there while he paralyzes.

"And you did a pregnancy test" He seemed to be rationalizing it out loud and I nod.

"It's positive. I am pregnant. I got nervous and I got scared. I felt lost" I say as tears fill my eyes, I looked down because I wouldn't dare to face him right now.

"We are having a baby" He says as he looks to the view and I try not to overthink his reaction or lack of it.

"I guess we are. I know I am, your involvement is something you chose" I say looking at his face and he looks at me.

"Please, tell me if we are being happy or sad about this because I am containing all this excitement inside of me in order not to fuck this up and pressure you into something you might not want. Tell me how you feel so I can act accordingly" He begs me as I saw the shine in his eyes.

The lack of reaction was for me. I knew exactly what he was feeling as soon as I looked into his eyes. He was happy and I am now relaxed, it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"I am happy. I want this baby, but I am scared of losing it again" I say giving him a smile and I see the biggest smile I've ever seen on him.

"As soon as we are in Madrid we will go to the doctor and see if everything it all right. I won't allow anything to happen to you, Miguel is not going to even have a chance to look at you. I would rather die than to fail you again. Please, believe me. I will protect both of you with my life. Nothing bad is going to happen to our baby" He says as he pulls me into his lap and hugs me tightly.

"I love you Carlos" I whisper and I hear his heart racing even more. He cups my face and looks me in the eyes with glassy eyes.

"Te amo mi amor" He says with emotion splattered on his face.

I took the initiative and kissed him. We deserve this. I deserve happiness, I deserve to move on, I shouldn't be scared anymore. He would protect me. He loves me, he always did. I stayed on his lap, his hand was resting on my stomach as we watched the sunrise. I felt at peace finally, I could be honest with myself and with him. I love him.

I eventually fell asleep on his lap but I know for a fact that I woke up in my designated room with my head on his chest. Even while sleeping his hand was still on my stomach which made me smile. I sat down and he started waking up.

"You can keep sleeping. I need to go to the bathroom" I say apologetically.

"It's 5 PM, we slept enough mi vida" He says as he smiles.

"Gosh. We went to bed at 6 AM. Somebody should've woken us up" I say surprised.

"They tried, I told them to leave us alone" He was calm about it so I moved on to the bathroom.

We got downstairs and saw everyone on the pool enjoying the hot afternoon. I made some toasts and went outside with Carlos.

"I knew you would be back to watching sunrises together" His dad says proudly.

"It's a good memory to make" I say happily, I feel good today, no weight on my shoulders. I don't feel like I'm carrying everything alone.

"Are we keeping this to ourselves?" Carlos asks as he sat by my side so we could sleep while we watched them.

"For now, until our appointment. I want to make sure no heartbreak is given. I don't think my dad needs bad news" I shrug and Carlos nods.

"And, what about us? Are you my girlfriend?" He asks with such a huge smile that it made me laugh.

"Last time I checked I was your fiancée. Are we taking steps back?" I ask teasingly and he almost choked on his toast.

"What? Can we start from where we left it?" He asks as his smile grew bigger and I shrug.

"Why not? 5 years together can't just be deleted, even with 5 years apart. We can have a long engagement" I suggest and he seemed interested.

"I would say that 6 years is a long engagement" His words made me laugh and I couldn't disagree.

"Well. What do you suggest?" I ask curiously and he pretends to be thinking.

"I suggest taking this slow. I will marry you in a heartbeat but I don't want this to be rushed, it will become too much for you if it is"

"You know me too well" I kiss his cheek and I see Ana smiling, our eyes meet and she winks at me before looking away.

"Thank god!" He exclaims proudly. He got up and jumped into the pool. I waited for a few minutes before I followed, it was too hot to be outside the water.

"Are you being public now?" My brother asks teasingly.

"Were we ever private?" I ask him back and he raises his hands in innocence.

"I just want to know if you two being back together is official" His eyes go between me and Carlos who hugged me.

"It's official. Now go find yourself a girlfriend so you mind your own business" My words gather everyone's laughs and he gives me a middle finger before swimming away from me. I put my tongue out while wrapping my arms around Carlos' neck.