𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 30

♪ Nothin' happened in the way I wanted
Every corner of this house is haunted ♪

Sofia Morales POV

Carlos got female attention everywhere he went, he is an attractive man and he has been making headlines all over the world. Especially when he got back to Spain, when everyone knew he was back every magazine and news channel talked about the return of the heir to the Sainz family.

Am I jealous? A little bit, I feel like I can't compete with that. I am scared, psychologically and physically from Miguel's attack. Carlos says he seems no wrong with it but nobody likes to see something that was once perfectly fine now it's all ruined. I don't care what anyone thinks but when it comes to Carlos I get all self-conscious, I wore that bikini and I felt like throwing myself to the sea and staying there.

"So, is there something going on between you two?" Blanca asks as we walk around the marina in Mallorca and I shrug.

"I don't think so. I mean we certainly had our fun a few times but I think that's it. You saw what happened at dinner, he has a lot of women wanting him and he enjoys it" I try to sound indifferent but I think it didn't work because she just laughed.

"He was as uncomfortable as everyone else at that table. He is just not someone to start a scandal about some girl who is infatuated with him. He only has eyes for you." Ana says confidently and I shake my head.

"Don't get your hopes up because I know I won't" I say calmly and I keep looking around.

We stop to get some ice cream, the men went first and when I was going to request mine Carlos just gives me what I was going to order.

"Gracias" I say giving him a smile and he smiles back.

"So, is Mallorca an option for our wedding plans?" He asks teasingly and I nod as we get back on our way.

"I like it, it would be a good place. But maybe some more exotic would be better for us, you could afford to fly everyone to a destination wedding" I follow the joke, will he just let it go now?

"I can afford it, do you want to start planning it? I will give you my card, you can tell me where, at what time and what to wear. I will be there" He says seriously and I look up at him stopping in my tracks to do so.

"You know that that ship sailed 6 years ago. Or are you with some weird case of amnesia?" I ask as I let out a laugh.

"There is no reason for us to keep holding it back. Every misunderstanding has been cleared up" He says as I watch everyone continue their walk.

"Love is needed for a wedding to happen, I don't think we fill out that requirement"

Do I want to know if he loves me? Yes. Was this going to work? Doubt it. Carlos likes to tease me and I know he is way too smart to fall into the trap.

"I love you. I promised to love you forever once I kneeled down and asked you to marry me. I don't lie, mi vida. I can love you for the both of us, I can wait forever until you love me back" He declares himself and I almost choke on the air I was breathing.

"You don't love me so don't joke about it" I say almost angry at myself as I felt my heart racing like I was running a marathon.

"I love you. I never said those words in vain and you know it. I mean it. You can tell when I'm lying. I am not lying" His confidence was convincing me.

"We should go, they are waiting" I almost run to catch everyone else and I heard his laugh as he walked fast enough to catch up to everyone else who just smiled.

My heart was betraying me, I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to keep my hope inexistent and now I am almost sweating from how much emotions those words made me feel.

We walked for an hour more and went to the yacht. Everyone showered since the bedrooms were all suites and I went outside to think for a bit as I watched the sea.

"Is everything okay? Do I need to fight Carlos?" My brother asks as he sits by my side and I shake my head.

"I am fine, I am just enjoying this. I didn't even think I would be vacationing this year so I am happy" I try to avoid the subject but I knew it wouldn't last for long.

"I am glad to have you back, everyone is clearly happier with your presence. But you need to let yourself go, I know it's hard to trust us but relax for a bit. Stop overthinking everything, you are tiring yourself with all that thinking. Let the weight fall off your shoulders, take the vacation and do whatever you want" He advises me and I think it was the best thing he ever told me. My brother is not a very good adviser.

"I am okay but hearing Carlos saying he loves me proved to be too much. I think it's a stupid joke. Why would he love me?" I finally relent and he lets out a laugh.

"But deep down you know it's true. That is why you are here overthinking it. You know it's true but there is no need for you to say it back in this moment. You can wait until you are ready, he just wanted you to know because that's something you should know. He won't blame you for not saying it back" He says as he puts his arm around my shoulders and I smile.

"Well, I can say that I love you" I say as I look at him and he smiles.

"And I love you too" He says as he kisses my cheek.

We stayed there for a bit while he told me about his short relationships and why they failed. I felt good, we were there for at least an hour until I got tired and decided to join Carlos in the room, he already slept so it was easier than I thought it would be.