𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 38

♫ She loves love notes and babies
And likes giving gifts ♫

Sofia Morales POV

Getting back to work was honestly depressing, I was in my office when Amelia got in excitedly.

"The whole month of August on vacation really is something only the CEO's girlfriend has the right to. They had another employee from Barcelona to come and replace me so I could take your place. I saw all your pictures, you seem happier too" Amelia talks a lot and she is a very curious and nosy person, and I love her for that.

"This month helped me a lot, I needed some rest and to go somewhere I could take my mind off of everything. I feel lighter in a sense" I know my words have some irony because I will be heavier as time goes by, even if I don't feel it for now.

"You look good! That man is good for you, he worries about you, and so do I. Is everything else okay?" She asks curiously.

"Everything is falling into place. I bought you some things, I know you will like them, I have some for Juan too" I say as I pick up the little bag with reminders from some stores I passed by.

"Juan has a meeting with Carlos today, there's been rumors about some changes in the department. Do you know anything about it?" She asks as she takes the little bag in her hands.

"I heard something about a new job in the department, I don't think it will be bad news. I wouldn't worry about it much. You should go now though because I have a meeting in 10 minutes" I am now seeing my full schedule and I am stressing it out.

"Welcome back girl! And good luck with all that, we have been on fire here lately" She says right before leaving.

She left and luck wouldn't cut it. I saw Carlos coming in and leaving but I had no chance to even say hello, I had half an hour of lunch and then went on to keep doing my meetings, it was a full day and I have a full week ahead of me.

I went to leave when Carlos texted me for us to go and I found him in the elevator as I prepared to go down to his car. He smiles and pulls me closer as his arm surrounds my waist.

"Missed me?" I ask teasingly and he nods.

"As always. I have a meeting tomorrow morning with you, Juan and Amelia. I thought you would appreciate the heads up. It's nothing much, just to discuss the new position I had commented with you" He says calmly as we headed outside the elevator and into the parking lot.

"Thank you for the heads up. I need it, my morning is now even more full with you in the mix. I need dinner, I don't even care about anything. I have 3 meetings in person tomorrow, 4 now. I can't imagine how it will be once I have to take a maternity leave. I am dreading it" I say nervously as we get inside the car.

"I will feed you and we will take care of it before the times comes. If you feel too stressed I can hire someone to take the weight off your shoulders. There is no need to stress, I will fix anything you need me to" He says worriedly but I shake my head.

"I am used to be stressed, plus meetings are going fairly okay" I say calmly.

We got some takeaway from a ramen house close by and headed home. It felt good to eat it and then take a good shower and cuddle in bed, I was absolutely done for today. I had no energy left in me. Can't I just stay home 12 months a year? Money would turn me into such a lazy person. I am well paid but not good enough as to never need to work.

I know I come from money and so does Carlos but I've had to survive on my own, being away from work turned me into a somewhat lazy person but who doesn't feel lazy after going on vacation?

I woke up the next day and did my routine with Carlos, had breakfast, and went to work together. I had a meeting before the one with Carlos. We sat down and Carlos soon arrived with Carla right behind him and we smiled at each other.

"Good morning" Everyone says at the same time and I try not to laugh.

"Well, let's make this quick because I know you are very busy with the new hirings. A new position in the department has opened up, I talked to Juan and since we got his approval for the idea we decided to go ahead" I say proudly and Amelia seems surprised.

Juan went on to explain the position and that is where I knew it was the job he mentioned on vacation, the one he thought was perfect for me. Am I really going to get it?

"I think the most perfect person for that job would be Sofia, she made our department rise to this standard. And I think Amelia should be the one to go into Sofia's current position as a supervisor" Juan adds and we both smile.

"I would be honored to" Amelia says surprisedly.

"That is our idea too. I think Sofia is the right fit for the job and Amelia is the obvious person for the job Sofia has been doing, she is in it and I think this would only help the company. We were thinking of having some time for adjustment, maybe a month or two. The work is mostly remote but she obviously might have the need to show up at the office and there will be no problem" Carlos says happily.

"I think a month would be enough time for adjustment, she can call me for any doubt that might occur, it will be a smooth transition" I say excitedly

"Let's take care of the details then" Carla says as she puts our new contracts in front of us, I saw the pride in Juan's face when he looked at us.

This is our new chapter.