17.- "Heaven- Part 8"

Bora ignored the message, it was probably Ali's joke. He wrapped his arms around Ada, and fell asleep.

The next day, being Saturday, they had more time for breakfast and sharing together. However, Ada knew she had to balance her time between writing, college, Bora, and her family. She had decided to have a sleepover with Selin and her aunts at home, they had a lot to talk about. While Bora was getting ready to welcome Mert and her family. Together with Ali, they had decorated their friend's house with balloons to welcome their new nephew.

On Sunday afternoon, Mert had a small barbecue at his house and invited Ada to join the celebration. Only Ali, Selin, Ada and Bora and his and his wife's relatives would be there. He knew Bora wanted privacy and respected that. Ada was happy with the invitation, though also nervous, she had a hard time seeing her former teacher as a friend.

"Many congratulations, Kerem is a beautiful baby!"- Ada says as she handed the gift to Giselle that she had bought for the baby.

"Thank you, Ada! You wouldn't have bothered, I promise my baby has enough clothes and toys for 10 more lives. That's very nice of you!"- Mert says hugging her warmly. If his student meant happiness for his best friend, he would support him. Very few people knew the hell Bora had gone through with Asli, for him to give himself a new chance, it meant to him.

"Mert is right. It's so nice to see you here, Ada. We're so glad to have you. We hope to see you here more often"- Giselle says warmly, before holding her little baby who was a bit fussy.

"This is peculiar, my wife gave me the reason. I need you to be here every day, Ada"- Mert jokes, causing everyone to laugh.

"That happened once in a lifetime, Mert bey. Don't sing victory, it won't happen again until your birthday"- Giselle says amused, her husband gives her a little kiss, as they start joking again. For a moment the girls were left alone among women, while the men drank some beer while taking care of the grill.

"I should kill you, I'm going on a trip and you both get romantically involved with two of my students"- Mert says staring at them.

"Does that make you uncomfortable?"- Ali asks scratching her head.

"Of course it doesn't. It's not like you're both that old for them. I just want to see you guys happy."

"Well, Ali sure is the oldest one here"- Bora jokes, causing his cousin to smack him playfully.

"Not as old as being a father"- Ali defends himself by looking questioningly at Mert.

"You're still older than me by 3 years, grandpa"- Mert jokes, while high-fiving Bora.

"You guys get together to annoy me because you can't alone"- Ali growls, as Mert and Bora clink their beers.

"Tell us about fatherhood, dear friend"- Mentions Bora hugging him. Mert sighs smiling as he watched his wife converse with his best friends love interest.

"It's challenging, I haven't slept more than 3 hours straight since my son was born, but I wouldn't change the feeling at all"- Mert replies, his two best friends watched them intently.

"What sensation, the one of poop in his diaper?"- Ali jokes, Bora hits him and Mert too, then the 3 of them laugh.

"No, you idiot. The feeling of becoming a father with the love of your life. I couldn't see myself going through this process if I hadn't gone through it with Giselle. We've both supported each other, there are many times that taking care of Kerem is a challenge. And her hormones have made her more sensitive than usual, postpartum is a complete roller coaster of emotions. When I held my son for the first time I had my whole life in my hands, I've heard advice about being a parent since she and I got married, but when you see your baby your whole world resets" - Mert says taking a sip of his beer. He couldn't believe his baby was already 10 days old.