(㇏(1)ノ)

Breathing intensifies ~ skin goes numb, safe for only feeling goosebumps. Sweat trailed down to his raggedy shirt.

This is it. The day my death starts.

"800 000!”

"800 000? Do we have a bid higher than that!” A booming voice shouted. It didn't help that the specimen stood near many speakers.

“Going once!”

Oh, god...

“Going twice!” The announcer, a vampire, lifted up his mallet, ready to slam it down...his eyes glowing with pride amd mischief.

“Sold to the handsome Prince Devon!” Another vampire grabbed his leash and pulled him harshly away.
“You're now the proud owner of a tribute payment of the Roberts's!”

I have a last name?

“Get moving, ya stupid thing.” The vampire growled, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Never thought that you'd be the one to be sold off to the prince.”

“Ethan! Easy with the stock! If the Prince sees you, he'll get mad!” A vampire shouted that was carrying away a shriveled up woman. Her skin is grey and wrinkly with how much blood was sucked out of her.

“You see that, Dan Roberts.” Ethan mocked, a sadistic grin forming. “The Prince is going to do that to you when he's bored with you!” He laughed as Dan's breathing started to get out of control again.

Dan's heart and soul sank to the ground when he saw thé Prince Devon. He looked terrifying. Behind him stood his brother. Dan recognized him as Prince Warrick.

Prince Devon took the leash and looked at Dan, who tried not to show his emotions. It was feeble, considering that vampires could focus their hearing on to anything. Prince Devon was definitely focused on Dan's rapidly beating heart.

“I wonder what his human blood taste like?”
Prince Warrick's eyes glowed dangerously glow with hunger.

“Get off me!” Prince Devon pushed his brother off. “And you are not to kill this pet or yours for that matter.” He growled.

Dan looked again and saw a human girl trying to make herself seem smaller.
She's small built with brown hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Like Dan, she had rags on for clothes.
Dan's face was grabbed. His muscles went tense as the Vampire Prince tilted and turned his head. "What is this scar on his neck!”

“Oh, sire! That's a birthmark! We got him like that. The only scars we're responsible for, are the ones on his back. Rest assured, his rebellious nature has been beaten out of him.”

Just thinking back on when he was but just a teen, made him quiver in more fear. Leather whips hurt like a bitch. Sometimes he was whipped in his sleep just because Ethan felt like he wanted to do it.

Prince Devon ignored Ethan and went to the payment booth. The brothers walked next to each other, their pets right behind them.

“What's your name?” Dan whispered lowly.

“Sara and shh.” Sara shushed Dan. Just when she did, Prince Devon turned his head slightly, looking straight at them.

The Vampire Prince payed his debt, stepping aside for Prince Warrick to finish his payment.

“Do you have a shop for clothes? Our pets can't be seen looking like they crawled out of the trash cans.” Prince Warrick asked.

“Yes, sire. Right this way.”

Prince Devon yanked on the leash to get Dan's attention, only to do so too hard. Dan was sent crashing into the Prince.

“Such disrespect! You should never do that to the Prince!” Ethan shouted, about to pull his whip to bring it down on Dan. Dan's eyes widened as he instinctively turned his back to them.

“I'M SORRY! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!” Dan managed to say. The whip made it's first contact to his back. He screamed, holding his mouth shut the moment he did. He waited for the next slash, only to feel nothing.

He reluctantly opened his eyes to see Prince Devon, in front of Dan. Ethan was lifted off of the ground without even touching him as he uttering his apologies.
“I'm sorry, sire! I won't touch him again…”

“Don't touch or break what I paid for! You're lucky I don't dismember you.” Prince Devon growled.
Dan stared at his Master. His voice is devilishly smooth and deep, his body had just the right amount of muscles. He didn't look lean nor like a muscle head.

Prince Devon dropped Ethan, his body landing on the floor with a thud. Ethan coughed and wheezed as he tried to breath again.

Prince Devon gave Dan a chance to stand up and followed the wheezing Ethan to where they can purchase clothes and accessories.

“You have zero chill.” Prince Warrick said. Prince Warrick had bright blue eyes, blonde hair that had black tips and a pale complexion, naturally. Prince Warrick wore a snow white suit. The only thing that wasn't white, was his shoes.
Prince Devon on the other hand looked nothing like his brother. He had pitch black hair, green eyes and had a pitch black suit on. Everything is black, safe for his neck tie.

Sara looked at Dan, who tried to keep his tears back. Dan noticed the look of worry, but hid his face.

Not even Prince Devon could see his pet's face.

They arrived at the shop. Immediately, the vampire princes went and picked out many outfits. Dan saw Prince Devon had practically choosen clothes for literally any occasion. From sleeping, to formal wear. From jogging clothing, to something casual.
Then there was the immense amount of collars. Many of many different designs and many of many colors.

When Prince Devon paid, he immediately left the shop. He didn't bother waiting for his brother, since he tend to take his sweet time with literally everything.

Dan's eyes widened when he saw the car. The car had a sleek and slim design and the grey colour made the car look faster than it is.

The Prince opened the trunk, putting all of the new things inside before opening the back door. “Get in. We're going to the castle.”

Dan climbed in carefully. “Lay down if you want to.” Prince Devon said as he tied the leash to the headrest of the front passenger seat.

Dan laid down, keeping his feet off of the seat. He knew too well not to put his dirty feet on the seats, even if it is leather seats.

Prince Devon got in the driver seat and opened Dan's file. Prince Devon wanted to scream. Dan wasn't perfectly healthy as the announcer had claimed, but the photo of him made the human look handsome.

Violet eyes with snow white hair. Prince Devon imagined his pet in better clothing, like a suit or even a simple t-shirt and pair of jeans. Yes, Dan would most certainly look handsome. Beautiful even.

Sighing, he threw the file to the side and started his car. The engine hummed with life. The car started to move and was on the road soon.

The ride was quiet. Prince Devon didn't say a word and quite frankly, Dan was afraid to just make a small sound. He quietly shifted his weight, only to hiss when he felt his back sting with pain.

Prince Devon adjusted his rear view mirror and saw Dan was uncomfortable. He didn't do anything yet. They were close to the castle in anyway.

When the road was open, the Vampire Prince increased his speed.

Dan's too lost in his pain and anxiety to notice the change of speed. Images of the PetStore were fresh in his mind - old and new.

He was deathly afraid. He didn't know what's going to happen to him.

It wasn't just any vampire that bought and owned him.

It is the future Vampire King that's his Master.

Prince Devon of the Moonshire Family.