(㇏(8)ノ)

Beep beep.

Devon woke up to the sound of his annoying alarm. He slammed his hand onto the button of the nuisance of a clock, nearly breaking it in the process. Cracking his eyes open, he saw he had only sleot a measly two hours. The amount of paperwork he had was…the ungodliest of the ungodliest.

He tried getting into a sitting position as he attempted to rub out the sleep in his eyes, but found himself stuck.

He looked down, seeing Devon spooning Dan while Dan held onto Devon's arm like a teddy bear. Devon bit his bottom lip.
He had to be careful with this. Dan could jump and get startled just like previously. Last thing he needed is for Dan to get hurt.

Dan must be wake now. Today he has to go to the petcare house while Devon worked today. He was thankful for today to be a normal day. Another date, and he'll loose his mind.

He took a deep breath and prepared for anything Dan might do when Devon started to remove himself from the comforts of the bed.

Dan groaned, making Devon stop. There and then he wanted to get angry with himself.
The hell is this one doing to me! I wasn't like this with Charles or Chelsea!

Thinking back to his late pets made him calm down. “Dan.” He spoke. The human stirred. He was groggy with sleep, yawning.

Devon managed to remove his arm, but saw Dan looking at him with his guilty look again. “You did nothing wrong. Stop giving me that look.” Devon said, walking around the bed to the get to the bathroom.

Dan looked at the spot shocked where Devon used to stand. Snapping out of it, he jumped out of the bed and stood at the foot of the bed, holding the post as he did.

Devon exited the room, finely dressed, smelled of mint and cedar and looked at Dan.

“Master, what are we going to do today?”

“I'm working. You're going to the petcare house.” Dan found himself floating towards Devon, his back turned to the vampire. “Hm…”

“These need to dry out.”

Dan paled at the thought. That meant no shirt and no bandages. Devon rummaged through the drawers, looking for a shirt that Dan could wear, but the ones he currently had were a bit tight or would cling onto the wound.

The only shirt that was baggy enough was a pajama shirt and he wasn't going to let Dan look like he just got out of bed when they leave.

Devon took out a black collar and it's leash. Putting a tag on the collar, he placed it on Dan's neck.

“If any pet is giving you trouble at the petcare house, you must go to the vampire in charge to take care of it.” Dan nodded as he was lowered to his feet.

“If you want to learn something, go for it.” Devon added as he handed Dan a pair of sweatpants. Dan turned around as he took the pants.
Only…

Dan miscalculated where Devon stood, walking straight into him. Devon instinctively grabbed hold of Dan's arms, stopping Dan from losing his balance and hurting himself more.

Dan immediately uttered out every apology in the English language. The more Devon tried to calm Dan down, the more Dan apologized.
Devon not thinking, or rather just acted, kissed Dan fully on the lips, making the human go quiet.

Dan was stumped when Devon had pulled back. Devon said nothing, walking past Dan.
What was that? Dan thought. He wanted to turn around to see the vampire prince, but instead went into the bathroom. The fear of making Devon late for breakfast was too great.