(㇏(9)ノ)

Devon took Dan back to his room, seeing that with Dan around him, it would slow him down.

“Once they arrive, send them to my office. I will do their interviews there.” Devon told the servant and nodded with a respectful bow.

Devon went to his dreadful office. He liked working in his room. It was quiet, no one disturbed him there and he was comfortable. His office is stuffy and just too much for him.

He sat down, opening the drapes to let the sunlight enter the room. After cleaning up his desk a bit, he got out the laptop and booted it up.

Eventually when the home screen showed itself, Devon opened up the documents he had to work on.

Knock knock

“You may enter.” Devon said, pressing save on the document.

“Your highness, the vampires for the petcare house are here for the interviews.”

“How many?”

“Three, sire.”

“Send them in.” Devon said, closing his laptop.

He watched as three vampires entered the room. Two male, one female. The servant who showed them the way, gave Devon a paper. “From the queen, sire.” The servant left once again, quietly closing the door as they left.

Devon skimmed through the page.

He turned to the vampires. “Good morning.” Devon started. “I'm Prince Devon, I'm standing in for the Queen for the interviews. Let's start with introductions.”

“It's an honor, your grace. My name is Wennie.” The female spoke. She wore a simple yellow summer dress with a white scarf and flats.

Devon turned to the next vampire. “My name is Paul, sire. I specialize in grooming and health care for humans.”

“My name is Lincoln, Prince Devon. I'm a trained teacher for pets and slaves alike.”

“Right, it's a pleasure to meet you three. Now, working in the castle and working outside are very different. We have protocols and strict rules. Pets are treated with the upmost respect and care.” Devon saw Paul's eye twitch for a second, but thought nothing of it.

“I'm going to hit you with a few situations and you're going to react to them.” He said and motioned for them to give their resumes to him.

“Miss. Wennie, I see you specialize in therapy and other health services.”

“Yes, I do. I find the human body rather interesting.” She said.

“Alright, say a pet is having difficulty breathing, what do you do to help them breathe again?”

“First determine whether it's a panic attack, asthma related problem or something else like a medical condition.” Devon continued on to listen to Wennie explain in extreme detail of what to do. He evidently had to stop her.
This is going to take forever…

By the time the interview was over, all three of them looked at Devon with anxiety.

There were only two open slots.

“Mr. Paul and Mr. Lincoln. I have determined you two to be best suited for this position. Before I can formally employ you at the castle, a thorough background check will be done first.”
Devon turned to Wennie.
“Miss. Wennie, I have a separate job for you if you're interested in it, but we'll discuss it privately.” Devon said.

Wennie looked at Devon with excitement. “Mr. Paul. Mr. Lincoln, we'll keep in touch. The Queen or myself will contact you once the background check is completed.” Devon stood up, shaking their hands.