(㇏(7)ノ)

Devon's eyes fluttered open with a yawn when he heard soft knocking on his door. He didn't want to get up. He was comfortable snuggling against Dan.

It took a hot second what they were doing. Devon remained calm. He didn't need Dan startled because of this. He slowly slipped himself out of the covers and went to the door.

Opening it, he saw his mother.

“Mother, why are you here?”

“I say,” she gasped and entered the room,“I want to hear how your date went.” Her eyes landed on Dan who is still fast asleep on Devon's bed. Devon saw that his mother were connecting the dots…and the wrong ones.

“Don't tell me you sleep with your pets. Royals aren't supposed to sleep with their pets. It's taboo.”

“What! God no, mother. Both of us were out cold. He has trouble sleeping so I have him on sleeping pills.” Devon explained. “And she's a nice girl, but she's not my type.” Devon said quickly trying to change the subject.

“Well, this is only the first girl. Hopefully the other girls will please you.” Valaria said. “Warrick is dead set on suing that petshop, Devon. You should speak to him about it after dinner.” Valaria glanced back towards Dan.

“I heard he bought another pet.” Devon said bluntly.

“Yes, this one is a little bit younger than yours. This one isn't shy.” Valaria said.

“Alright, is that all, mother?”

“Yes, that's all. I'll see you again at dinner.” Valaria said, glancing one last time at Dan. Frowning, she left the room

Devon quietly sighed when he had closed the door. He turned his attention to Dan when he shifted his body. Devon stretched out his limbs and got back in bed with a yawn.

I'm too full to eat dinner. I'll definitely get food from that restaurant again, though.

And sleep until morning, Devon did.

Devon was woken up by Dan jumping from the bed, pushing himself away from Devon. Dan fell off the bed, apologizing nonstop.

When Devon didn't deem any threats in the room, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. For a second he stared at Dan, but left him alone.

“Did you have a nightmare?”

Dan shook his head and spoke again. “I'm sorry that I slept on your chest! It won't happen again, Master!”

Devon raised an eyebrow. “Did you have a nightmare?” He asked again.

“N-no.”

“Then it's fine.” Dan stared at Devon as he walked past him. Going into the bathroom, Dan quickly moved to the couch, sitting on the floor, hiding himself slightly.

A million thoughts went through his head, but came to a stop when Devon came out. Finely dressed up yet again for the day, he opened the drawers again, taking out clothes for Dan.

“Get dressed. You're going to the petcare house again. I'm going to be home late again.”

Dan immediately took the clothes, not making eye contact with Devon as he headed into the bathroom.

By the time Dan had finished up, Devon had already gotten the leash ready to clip it on. The moment it was clipped on, the pair left to the petcare house.

Dan once again felt awkward being there. Before Devon could turn his back, the girl Devon assumed had taken a liking to Dan had swooped him away to go play tennis.

Devon seeing Dan was indeed interacting, left satisfied.

On the way he found Warrick walking towards the petcare house with the new pet. He was very younger than Dan. Devon guessed him to be around fifteen.

“Devon, look at my new pet.”

The pet immediately bowed down, but Devon just ignored them. “Rude.” Warrick said with sass amd continued on to the petcare house.

Devon entered the dinning hall and sat down as he greeted his mother. In front of her, she had a file opened, but closed it when Devon had entered.

“What is that?” Devon asked, concerned.

“Nothing to worry about, dear. How did you sleep?”

“I slept okay.” Devon said, sitting down. “Is Warrick still trying to sue the petshop?”

“No, he gave up. The new pet kept his attention away from it.”

Devon narrowed his eyes. “You bought the human for him.”

“We had to. He drove your father nuts and he's currently busy with important matters. He can't be disturbed.” Valaria said. She flicked her silver blonde hair away and over her shoulder.
“So for your birthday, we were discussing a theme.”

“Mother, please. I don't care what happens. I just want peace, okay?”

“Honey, peace you'll have, but the ball needs a theme. We were thinking Historical Masquerade Ball.”

“Yeah, it's fine.”

“Devon…”

“Mother…it's fine. It doesn't need to be as…extravagant.” Devon said. The conversation was luckily cut short, but unluckily it was by bickering from Warrick and Quinton.

“Enough!” Devon said. Warrick and Quinton immediately quieted down. “Act your age.”

“You heard him. Act like a baby.” Warrick said. Devon glanced at Valaria who groaned and gave Devon the go ahead.

Warrick and Quinton floated to the ceiling, keeping them there as they screamed. Devon quickly silenced them with two napkins.

“Morning, my beautiful family!” Gabriel exclaimed when he entered ten minutes later. “…where's Quinton and Warrick?”

Valaria embarrassed, looked to the ceiling. Gabriel followed her gaze and saw why.

“Their bickering destroyed the peacefulness of our conversation.” Devon said.

“Devon put your brothers down. Gently.” Warrick and Quinton slowly descended down, but about halfway they dropped down full speed.

Crashing on the hard tiled floors. “YOU SON OF A!” Quinton was quickly sent back up to the ceiling as Warrick stood up, spitting out the napkin.

“I didn't even start it.”

“And yet, you didn't just simply ignore him.” Devon said. Warrick sat down, just when Quinton was dropped to the ground again, the ground shaking slightly.
Dazed, he stood up and took hold of a chair.

“Enough!” Gabriel said. “Warrick. Quinton. You're not little kids anymore. Please act like the princes you are and basic like adults, please.”

“Quinton is the basic package.” Warrick mumbled.

Gabriel groaned, going to his seat. Standing behind it, he looked over his sons. “What's going to become of this kingdom when your mother and I aren't here anymore? Arr you two going to keep on acting like kids while Devon is busy taking care of everything?” Gabriel said.

Devon said nothing and stared over the table at Quinton. He could tell Quinton was livid from the anger. He could see a faint red glow in his eyes, trying to hide it.

He never understood Quinton. He and Warrick used to do things together when they were still very young. Devon did try to have a bond with Quinton, at some point something changed.

Devon sighed and waited for breakfast to arrive. Something told him he's going to have a very delightful day.