(㇏(36)ノ)

Warrick stared at Devon. “Dad is dying?” He said lowly.

“Someone's poisoning him.” Devon looked at Warrick with worry.

“We must go back!” Warrick shouted. “Maybe you can help him!”

“I know human biology, not vampire biology.” Devon snapped.

Warrick dragged his fingers though his blonde locks. “What are we going to do?”

“I don't know! Something is seriously wrong at the castle!” Devon almost shouted. “I need to think.” Dan pulled away.

“Let's go back then! My training can wait!” Dan said, holding onto Devon's arms.

“Dan, if someone is poisoning my father and someone spiked you to get to my documents…it's not safe.”

“I can protect myself now. Just tell them you turned me to save me from dying or something.” Dan looked pleadingly at Devon. “Devon, please…”

“I'm sorry, Dan. We're not going back.” He looked at Warrick. “But you must.”

“And tell them what, Devon!” Warrick asked.

“Make something up, Warrick!” Devon said. “In the meantime, you must make sure mom and dad are safe and that nothing bad is happening!”

“So you're going to stay here in the woods and watch him get nailed down into the floor by his mother?” Warrick asked.

“I'm going to to find answers.” Devon fisted his hands.

“DEVON!” Warrick shouted. “It's not going to work!” Warrick looked worried. “What about your birthday ball and the coronation and all of that!”

“I'll be back by then. It's just another two months or so.”

Warrick gave up, trowing his arms in the air.

“I'll go back, but you're gonna be in touch with me.” Warrick threw away the toast that had burned. Devon sighed. “And you're going to make sure your back a week before your birthday.” Warrick said.

Dan looked at Devon. “What are you going to do?” Devon looked down at Dan.

“First, make sure you're safe. Second, find the proof and answers I need and then we go back home.”

“But, aren't you suppose to marry a girl when you're King?” Dan asked.

“I'll be the king. I'll marry who I want to.” Devon said and kissed Dan's forehead. Dan smiled. “Everything will be okay and everything will change for the good, okay?”

Dan smiled, holding onto Devon's hands.

Agatha and Claire returned with the honey and bananas.

“Is everything okay?” Claire asked.

“Yeah, everything's fine.”

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Quinton slammed his fist in his desk. Lacy sat on his bed, only covered by the sheets. “Where could they be?” Quinton growled.

“Quinton, come join me. The bed is feeling cold without you.” Lacy purred.

“Devon was here.” Loxen suddenly sung from the staff. Quinton turned his attention to the staff that rested on a stand.

“What!”

“I sensed his presence, but he left towards the woodlands.” Quinton took hold of the staff and stared ino the gem.