(㇏(3)ノ)

Devon returned to his room with a tray of food to see Dan fast asleep. Well, he did as asked. He said he should rest and not make a mess. He didn't make a mess and he's sleeping.

Orders followed!

Devon sat the tray down on the coffee table and poked his pet. Dan slowly opened his eyes, jumping almost.

“Your food is here. Eat up.” Devon said. He turned the TV on and proceeded to go to his desk to work.

Dan looked at the food in front of him, slowly getting into a sitting position. He scooted down to the floor and saw a delicacy.
No dry bread. No questionable slop of vegetables.

He eyed his Master and saw he was too focused on his laptop. Dan picked up the spoon, starting with the rice.

Everything on this plate is brand new and foreign to him. He wondered if anything tasted like the food of the store.

Taking a bite of the rice with brown sauce, he smiled in delight. He couldn't help himself. The next thing he tasted is the mashed green beans, followed by a chicken leg and then finally a cupcake on the side.

It had bright frosting on it, making Dan eye the thing out. Next to the cupcake was a glass of golden colored juice.

He turned around again and saw Devon looking at him. "It's the first time you're eating this?"

Dan's eyes shifted between the contents of his plate and the at the Prince. “Yes, Master. It's delicious.” Dan said.

“You're eating, rice with mashed green beans and chicken. The pink thing in your hand is a cupcake. The liquid is apple juice.” Devon eyed the cupcake. “Take the paper off before eating that.”

That's the last thing he said before he focused on his laptop again. Dan did exactly what Devon said, removing the paper from the cupcake.

Taking a bite, he melted inside. It was sweet; strawberry sweet. He wasn't that fond of it, but it tasted good. When the small cake was finish he took the glass of the juice and gulped it down.

The juice tasted good. It went down his throat much easier than the worrying water at the petshop.

Dan looked up at the TV and saw a beautiful vampire on the screen with a mic in hand.

“And in other news, our beloved King and Queen has announced that in celebration for Prince Devon's birthday and transition to King, a royal ball will be held at the Black Castle to celebrate the occasion! The entire kingdom is invited to join the LIVE stream to see the Prince choose his bride!”

Dan was fascinated by the TV. It's the first time he saw something like it. It's bewitching almost.

When the news was over, a few music videos played which Dan found mesmerizing and then finally a drama series aired.

Dan eyed the comfortable couch behind him and slowly got back on it, laying down like before.

I'm not making a mess. I'm not making noise to distract him. I should be fine.

Dan soon found himself snoring away. Whatever painkiller Devon had given him has made him sleepy. He always had trouble sleeping and this certainly helped him.

Prince Devon glanced at Dan after he had worked for three hours, to see Dan was fast asleep.

“DEVON!”

Devon's eyes glowed red when Warrick had bursts through the room, making Dan jump as well.

“What is it now! I'm busy!” Devon shouted.

“My pet! She started coughing up blood!” Warrick shouted. “I swear, I didn't do anything to make that happen.”

Devon sped to Warrick's room and saw the thin girl curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. Devon kneeled down and checked her pulse.

“Where's her file!” Devon demanded.

Warrick jumped and found the file, handing it over to Devon. Devon read through the thing.

“They sold us sick humans!”

Devon picked the barely breathing human, taking her to his room. He looked for Dan at first and saw him huddled in a corner of the room.

Putting her down on the couch, Devon floated above her and listened to her heartbeat. “It's beating too fast. She'll have a heart attack if it isn't slown down.”

Warrick watched as Devon moved around the room, trying to get everything he needed.

Dan watched in horror at the scene. Sara stared at Dan and smiled. She lifted up her wrist weakly, waving once before it went limp.

“Warrick, she's dead.” Devon said.

"What! I'm shutting that place down! She barely lasted a day!”

Devon looked at Dan and then at Sara. “They weren't raised like our other pets were. Dan, come here.” Dan swallowed the vile in his throat and slowly moved closer.

“What else did the vampires do to you there?”

“Nothing good.” Is all Dan answered. “Bad food. Bad water. Cold nights.” Dan looked down at Sara. “All of us wished for death. None of us lived long either.”

Now it was Warrick's eyes that was dangerously red. “I'm getting that place shut down!” Warrick shouted and left bedroom.

Devon groaned, looking at the dead body on his couch.
“Go lay down on the left side of my bed.”

“Yes, Master.” Dan said, looking at the body one last time before he went to the bed. He moved some of the pillows and sat down.

Devon closed his eyes. He could hear Warrick going nuts in his parents' office.
It's decided. Tomorrow he is taking Dan to a specialist to make sure he is healthy.

Dan missed a lot of immunization shots and then there was his blood. According to his file, Dan's blood is extremely bitter. No one wanted to buy his blood after tasting it once.

Devon picked up the human body after he pressed a button on his desk.

Not long after two servants arrived at his door. “Take her body to be disposed off. Don't drink her blood. It's contaminated.”

The vampires bowed and took the body away. Devon looked at Dan who curled up in a ball.

He's not going to tell me if he needs something? It's how he is made to be.

Devon took out a blanket from the drawers and threw it over him. Dan was shocked that he got a blanket, but held onto the rim of it. Devon didn't expect Dan to reply with anything, so he went back to his desk.

“Thank you, Master.”

Devon turned to the pet on his bed.

“You're welcome.” Devon managed to say, but it landed on deaf ears.

Sitting down at his desk, he opened a new tab and searched up the name of the petshop they bought Sara and Dan.

He had a lot of work if he wanted to find dirt on them. Luckily, it isn't difficult for him to do so.