(㇏(2)ノ)

Prince Devon opened the door, untying the leash. Dan slowly got out, careful not to stumble and fall. He did so successfully. No crashing into your Master this time.

Once Dan gave Prince Devon the space, the door was closed. Not long after a servant came to him. “What can I do for you, sire?”

Prince Devon opened the trunk. “Get these to my room. While you're there, make sure the windows are secured. Thank you.”

The vampire bowed and started to take hold of the shopping bags. The Vampire Prince proceeded to the entrance of the castle.

If Dan remembered correctly, this used to be the White House. The property didn't look anything like it did in the pictures he saw.

In the pictures the White House…was well white. This one had black and silver for it's exterior and it look bigger.

Much, much bigger. Towers were added and a whole lot of new floors and woodlands were behind the building and semi next to it, stretching far and wide.

Humans used to rule. They told us this to make us remember that we USED to rule. Now we're food and property.

Upon entering, Prince Devon were greeted by the castle's butler. “My Prince, the King and Queen wants to see you.”

“Right. Thank you, Winston.” Prince Devon continued his course. Dan wished he could stop for a second. Everything around him was new. New sights. New smells. New everything.

Prince Devon went up the stairs immediately making a turn to enter a set of silver and white doors.

Dan's heart sank for the millionth time. His instincts screamed at him to just run. He fought them and took control of his breathing.

“Mother. Father. You wanted to see me?” Prince Devon spoke.

“Devon, my son! You're here. I see you actually bought a pet.”

“Not my intention, but I did.” Prince Devon said with a small sigh. “Why did you want to see me?”

“Oh, yes! Well, your birthday is coming up and then you'll finally be of age to take over as King.” Dan watched as King Gabriel walked around his neatly organized, dark oak desk.
“When that happens, you must choose a bride. Because of that, we're going to hold a masquerade ball!”

“We have eight months to do this? Why now?”

“Hunney, the sooner we can find you a suitable bride, the better! You don't want to rule over the Kingdom all alone, do you?” Queen Valaria asked with a concerning tone as she smiled.

“Mother, I didn't say I wanted to be alone. I'm wondering if now is the right time for me to find my spouse?”

“Devon, son. You'll have the most beautiful vampire who is smart, wise and strong by your side. Why wait?” Devon resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He loved his parents, but they were sometimes too much and too nosey.

Devon looked at his mother as she made her way towards her son. She wore a red pant suit with black heels and her silvery hair is tied in a high ponytail. Her emerald green eyes stared at Devon as she cupped his cheek.

“Son, we're doing what we feel is best for you. Imagine if your father and I never met. We wouldn't have three wonderful sons, we wouldn't have the good times we had together.”

“Alright, son. We can talk about this tomorrow over breakfast. How is that?” King Gabriel suggested.

“That sounds like a good idea.” Queen Valaria said, clasping her arm around her husband's waist. Like her, he wore a classic business suit. His eyes were a bright red and his hair blonde. He looked more like Prince Warrick than Prince Devon or Prince Quinton.