(㇏(4)ノ)

Devon went downstairs after freshening up. Dan was still asleep which lead to Devon to speculate that he might have given Dan too much of the sleeping pill. Of course he lied and said it's a painkiller.

Placebo's has upsides if done right.

“Morning, Devon! How'd you sleep!” Valaria asked. Today she adorned a dark purple pant suit with the same black heels. The king had a dark blue suit on, similar to the one he wore the day before.

“I slept fine, thank you for asking.” Devon said and sat down next to a fuming Warrick. Devon glanced at Warrick. “If you want that shop to get shut down, you're going to need my help.” Devon said.

“Oh, that place sounds horrible! Warrick said that your pet was whipped for accidentally bumping into you?” Valaria asked.

“Yes. I maintained my temper before I could pulverize the vampire that did.” Devon started. “Thanks to them, my pet probably has a few mental health issues and then there's his blood. It's extremely bitter and fowl to taste.”

“You tasted his blood?”

“I didn't need to. It smelled too.” Devon answered. “But Sara's blood smelled fine, other than the contamination it had.”

“They did us in dirty alright! The place looked clean and classy from the front! I bet at the back it's filthy and disease ridden.”

“You're still complaining about that rundown dump?” In the doorway stood Prince Quinton.

Warrick glared at his brother. “Quinton, hun. How was your evening? Are your studies going well?” Valaria asked.

“Yes, mother. It's going on just swell.”
Devon raised an eyebrow at their baby brother. Quinton is forty five years old compared to Warrick who is eighty nine and Devon, soon to be a hundred and ten years old, Quinton is mere a baby to them.

“That's good to hear, son! Soon you'll be as brilliant as Devon is. No offense Warrick. You're more on the practical side of things!”

"Non taken.” Warrick said bluntly.

“Now, on to business! Devon.” Devon sighed, looking at his father. “Now, your mother and I went ahead and choose a couple of lovely vampires, who should be suitable for you to choose as your bride.”

“You want me to date strangers?” Devon asked. Something in him stirred. Something uncomfortable and it's not because they were strangers. This is something else. Something else is bothering me.
“When is the first date! I have to see it unfold!” Warrick said, slamming his hand into the table.

“Warrick, dear. It's private.” Valaria said. “Devon, your first date is in two days. That should be enough time for you to prepare.” Devon didn't look happy, but he nodded nonetheless.

The servents rolled in their food on spotless, silver plates. A traditional English breakfast with the options of pig blood, goat blood or cow blood.

Devon choose cow blood and started to eat. “So, you said you can help me bring that goddamn place down.”

“Yes, Warrick. I'm just as displeased with them as you are. I found some incremenating evidence that we can use against them.” Devon took a bite of his sunny side up egg. “We're suing them. It's the only way to bring them down.”

“What in devil's name are you talking about?” Quinton asked, glaring at the two princes.

“We went out to buy pets yesterday and the one I bought died. They promised us that both of them were healthy.”

“Why do you care so much about humans? They're trash.” Quinton said. He looked like his father in mostly everything. His blonde hair is long and slicked back into a tight ponytail. He wore a fine tailored emerald green suit. The only thing he inherited of his mother is his green eyes.