(㇏(19)ノ)

Dan patiently waited for Devon at the coffee table where the unfinished puzzle stood waiting.

Devon finished up an important phone call, before he sat down next to Dan. Devon looked at the box of the puzzle, looking at the picture.

“Can we listen to music?”

Devon nodded, picking up his TV remote. He accessed the homepage, went to the music app and soon enough soft music played.

“Wennie said to start with the edges. That way, you can work yourself inward with the pieces.” Dan explained.

“That's the easier way to build a puzzle.” Devon picked up a puzzle piece and quickly found it's spot. “I had one a lot bigger than this one when I was your age.” Devon said.

“You did? Where is it?”

Devon pointed to a landscape picture next to the family portrait. “It's glued together and framed.”

Dan looked at his picture. It's a landscape view of a cottage in the woods. “Can we do the same with this one?”

“We can.” Devon smiled.

They spend the afternoon building the puzzle, cracking jokes here and there. Dan smiled and laughed at Devon's stories.

“How far are you going to travel?” Dan suddenly asked.

“Pretty far.” Devon pulled out his phone and showed Dan the world map on his gps. “See that small dot?”

Dan stared at the screen as Devon zoomed in. “That's where we are. Now this blue part is the ocean and it's very big. I'm going to cross the sea by flying over it and then I'll arrive here.” Devon said, showing Dan where Japan is.

“That's so far.” Dan said sadly.

“Don't worry. I'll call Wennie's phone before you go to bed.”

Dan leaned into Devon embrace and stayed there. Devon laid down on his back as Dan laid down on his chest.

It wasn't long until Dan started to hum out a random tune. Devon closed his eyes, holding onto Dan tightly.

Dan turned around, laying on his stomach. He still hasn't stopped his humming, but Devon had cracked his eyes open. “Don't stop humming.” Devon groaned.

Dan didn't stop, but he did tease Devon. He lightly tapped his fingers on Devon's chest, moving closer to Devon's chin. By now Devon's eyes were open all the way, eyeing Dan as he got closer.

Eventually, their lips met softly and smoothly. Devon kept Dan close to him. “It must be a sin to be as beautiful as you are.” Devon softly said when he started to bite into Dan's skin.

Dan moaned in response. Devon sat up straight, making Dan sit comfortably in his lap, his legs wrapped around him.

“Is Japan anything like here?”

“Not even close. They have different ways and traditions. Their ways a more a bit more strict and formal in some areas.” Devon said. “But it's a beautiful country.”

“Will you show me one day?” Dan asked shyly. “If you're able to?” He quickly added.

“Of course I will. I'll take you some pictures while I'm there this time.” Devon smiled. “When I'm King, I'll make you a vampire if you want. You can move more freely without having to worry about other vampires?”

“Do you need to bite me or something?” Dan asked.

“No, that's just a silly myth. The first vampire, my ancestor, was cursed and it turned her into a vampire. Once she gained control of the curse, she put it to good use. That same ritual is done, but with extra precaution.”