Japan vs. USA

Ran was fueled with even more determination after Takumi's promise.

"I get to be Kumi's boyfriend when we win a medal," Ran reminded himself.

"Ran-kun! Stop fantasizing with my imouto-chan! If you really want to, do it when we win a medal!" Yuki called at the dazzled boy.

"Hai, senpai!" Ran said as he put his full efforts in the final practice before the match a couple hours later.

"AND....IT'S THE LOS ANGELES OLYMPICS 2028!" The announcer said as the two teams came out from opposite sides.

After the warm-ups, the 6 members gathered on the court, ready to receive USA's ball: Yuki, Yuji, Ran, Sekita, Yamamoto, and Yamauchi.

Russell serves the ball with full force but Yamamoto received it, passing the ball to Sekita, who set it up for Ran to full force smack the ball on the ground.

The crowd cheered as Ran found Takumi in the crowd and smiled, winking and flashing her a heart.

Takumi could feel her heart race as she smiled widely back at the boy.

The Americans were tall, like tall tall. Even though they were a tad shorter than the Italians, it was no easy task to beat them.

But the team continued with their full might.

Sekita setted the ball in a different direction and towards a different player every single time, giving the Americans time to react, but not quick enough.

Not only that, the male even pulled some setter dumps that the Americans couldn't receive.

Yuki, of course, destroyed the wall of blocks as usual. With his hard swings and deceiving tricks, he managed to gain quite an amount of points for Japan.

Yuji with his daily dose of aces and left-hand full-force swings ensured that Japan was a couple of points ahead of USA.

Yamauchi, Kentaro, and Onodera blocked spectacularly as usual, with their tall hits set by Sekita surprised the Americans as usual.

Yamamoto, carrying the defense pack with his excellent  digs and saves that even Ran himself admired the older male for his on-point passes.

Kento's attacks almost always goes through the blockers, either hitting the tips of their fingers and/or then going out of the court flying. With his left-hand advantage along with his power, Kento was sure a rising star on the team.

Lastly, Ran was basically dominating the court like a god. He smashed down balls effortlessly with pride, received and digged the passes, and even used Yuki's iconic fake-hit set to Yuji, who slammed the ball to the ground.

"AND....RAN TAKAHASHI HAS DONE IT AGAIN WITH HIS FAKE SET TO NISHIDA!!!" The announcer practically screamed with the top of his lungs as the Japan crowd yelled and cheered.