Finals

Similar to the Japan vs. Canada chapter, I'm using Japan vs. Brazil's VNL match from this year for this Olympics chapter :)

______________

In the end, Japan made it to the semi-finals, winning every single match.

The only teams left in the semi-finals were Japan, Brazil, Germany, and the USA.

For the semi-finals, the teams were Japan vs. USA and Brazil vs. Germany.

Of course, both Japan and USA improved in the span of a week or so, but Japan was the victor after destroying USA 3-0.

And Brazil won Germany, 3-1.

It was only a day left before the finals were happening.

Everyone on the team, and the girls were scared.

"Oh shoot, maybe we should extend practice," Yamauchi said worriedly.

"I definitely need that," Ran said as he paced around the room.

"Guys, don't be afraid. I believe that each and every one of you can succeed, just believe in yourself!" Takumi said encouragingly as the team nodded.

"Thanks, Kumi," Ran grinned goofily, knowing that he fufilled Takumi's promise already. The worst they could get is silver, but it would be even better to get gold! 

"Hey, at least we got Ran a girlfriend!" Yuji light-heartedly joked.

Takumi rolled her eyes but smiled at Ran brightly before heading off to the bleachers.

The Japan crowd, excited as ever, cheered when Ryujin Nippon came out and onto the court.

The whole time, Ran was looking at Takumi, who smiled at him brightly and proudly before she made a heart-sign with her fingers.

Ran then chuckled, smiling as he flashed her a heart.

Takumi's heart fluttered as her cheeks turned a bit red, as was Ran.

The male wanted to show his future girlfriend that he can win for her. That he could protect, love, and help her.

He was going to win for her.

First step: Getting an ace for Japan. Accomplished. Ran smiled as his other teammates high-fived him. The ball had landed on the right side of the court, right on the line.

Then, Yuki tipped the ball over; the Brazilian players couldn't react in time.

Afterwards, Onodera got a block! The impact was so hard that the ball immediately fell to the ground.