A Little Family

"Takumi, you better not go to work, you're pregnant, you need sleep!" Ran said when he saw Takumi bright up early the next morning and preparing breakfast.

"Ran, I'm fine," Takumi assured as she passed him his breakfast. Today's menu was rice, miso soup, tempura, and some home-made sushi.

"I don't want you to be stressed, it's bad for the baby," Ran worried.

"I'm going to be fine, okay? Don't worry about me, besides, Suzuki-san made sure my schedule is managable everyday," Takumi smiled as she went to take Ran's clothes out of the dryer.

"She really is my hardworking Tsuma," Ran admired his wife's determination.

Takumi then changed into her work clothes. However, she ditched her heels and wore flats instead.

"Let's go, love," Takumi smiled.

Ran's jaw dropped, "why are you so beautiful?"

Takumi rolled her eyes, "we'll be late for work, Ran."

Ran leaned down and kissed Takumi's lips, "you're glowing."

"I know," Takumi smirked as she twirled around, "come on, we'll be late!"

"Okay," Ran smiled, still mesmerized by his wife as the two interlocked hands and went out of the apartment.

As a pregnant woman, Takumi was independent and did not complain about even the smallest things. Whatever she needs, she got it herself using her own career money.

"You sure you don't need anything?" Ran asked. He called from practice every few hours just to make sure that Takumi was alright.

"Ran, it's really cute that you worry about me, but I'm fine," Takumi chuckled.

"Please stay safe, darling, okay?" Ran pouted. Even Takumi could hear his pouting from the phone.

"I will," Takumi smiled as she hung up.

"Ran-kun does sure care for you," Isha Suzuki smiled.

"He does; he's the best husband that I could have asked for," Takumi smiled genuinely as she got back to work.

"Here, I'll cook tonight, okay? What do you want to eat, my lady," Ran joked as he stood in front of the kitchen counter.

"I would like tamagoyaki, rice, and ice cream. It better be mint chocolate chip though, thanks so much, love," Takumi said tiredly, "I'm so sorry I'm so helpless..."

"Hey, it's fine," Ran assured, "you're five months pregnant, and we're finding out the gender of our baby tomorrow. You should be nice and relaxed, okay?"