Shy

"Ran, you don't have to be shy, you've already met most of my family!" Takumi told her now boyfriend as he was shivering. The two were heading back to Takumi's house for a family dinner.

"I-I know, love, but like I'm--what if I mess up?" Ran asked.

"You won't, darling, you're a cinnamonroll! My parents will love you," Takumi assured.

"Now what the fuck did you just call me?" Ran asked, his eyes turning into slits as he looked at Takumi fiercely.

"A cinnamonroll," Takumi said calmly, "you're too cute, squishy, and kawaii!"

Ran instantly melted as he blushed. He knew that he could never really beat Takumi as a top. His teammates were right; with Takumi, he was an simp. And a bottom in their relationship.

"Hey, but I'm kind, honest handsome, and sexy right?" Ran smirked as he looked at Takumi knowingly.

But Takumi cheeks redden a bit as she admitted, "You are, when you are playing volleyball. But the other 90%, you're just a cute cinnamonroll."

She giggled when Ran turned as red as a tomato, "you're so cute!!!"

"What, so you like me because I'm cute?" Ran asked dramatically.

"Kind of, but also because you're nice, funny, honest, and I can talk to you all day without getting bored! And also, you're a good pepper partner!" Takumi smiled as she kissed Ran on the cheek before interlocking her right hand into Ran's left hand.

"Mama, Papa! I'm home!" Takumi said as she opened the door to her house.

"Takumi!" Mama cried as she rushed up to hug her daughter, "oh, you must be Ran-kun, right? Yuki and Takumi have told many good things about you!"

"Arigato Gozaimasu, Ishikawa-san," Ran bowed lowly as he smiled.

"You don't have to call me that, just call me Mama," Mama smiled as Ran nodded.

Papa then came into the living room, giving everyone a huge smile.

"Konnichiwa, Ran-kun! Yuki's told us a lot about you," Papa said kindly.

"Arigato Gozaimasu, Ishikawa-san," Ran bowed, even lower this time, as he smiled unsurely.

"No need to worry, Ran-kun, call me Papa," Papa said, smiling. He was happy that all of his children were growing up. From Yuki's conversations, Papa knew that Ran was a good man that would love Takumi forever.

"Hai, Papa," Ran smiled, feeling a bit more comfortable.

Takumi was right. Her parents were so kind, warm, and welcoming to Ran, it was as if he was part of their family already.